Need Help bad

Hi I am a new signing agent in Chicago and i am not getting any calls I am very frustrated and disappointed and really need help or anyone who can mentor me. I have signed up with tons of companies but must be doing something wrong…plz help

Thanks

Hi Crystal, welcome to the forum and welcome to our industry.

I’m not certain how long you’ve been in the industry or how many closing you have completed.
Take advantage of the forum, sign up with the signing agencies you find yourself interested in working with.

There should be a post regarding “Best Signing Companies” make a list of the companies you like, check their reviews, and let them know you’re willing to work with them and you’re available. I know you said you’ve signed up with many companies, but continue to do so. As far as being contacted, it will happen and try not to become easily frustrated, the business ebbs and flows.

I’ll gladly try to help answer any questions you might have.

Wishing you many successful signing

2 Likes

Hey Crystal,
I was given this advice when I first started, So, what I tell people that I’m mentoring to become a Notary Signing agent is to sign up with at least 10 companies a day. Sign up with companies all over the U.S because even though you’re based in Chicago you may have closings for someone who has property in California or Texas. Also, it doesn’t hurt to call the companies to see if they have signings available in your area. Let me know if this helps! Good luck :wink:

4 Likes

If it’s any encouragement, I started in October, signed up with lots of companies, just got 1 signing with Amrock on this past Saturday. I also have a signing scheduled through them in 2 weeks. Hopefully, things will start to open up for you soon too. Just hang in there.

1 Like

Ok hi all thanks for the encouragement so I got 2 signings BOTH OF THEM SCAMS… is anyone else encountering this and exactly what do these people want or who are they scamming once again help please and still no signings as of yet legit ones. Both emails look and sound real but when I checked they were scammers. How sick and sad of people!

Hi Crystal
I’m really sorry you’re off to a rocky start - stay focused, hopeful and most importantly persistent. You will rock this industry! Some companies I have heard really good things about and were able to get signing rather quickly are Mortgage connect, Snap docs, Bancserv (make note to sign up with them on Feb 1st, it’s the only day of the month they accept applications) to name a few.

How else are you marketing yourself? I have a very long list of signing companies I can email you, however I do not know their star ratings. It’s a list of companies given to me.

We are all in this together!

1 Like

upload all your credentials to your profile

you will get text message job offers

1 Like

@jessicanotarysigningagent How long after you sign up did you get jobs coming through?

Amrock has told me that they require one year of experience and have no flexibility regarding that requirement How did you get around that? Just curious. Thanks.

Hey Doug – Actually, I’m not sure how I got started with Amrock. I probably just went on their website and applied. Then finally they sent me information on their training for signing agents and Pavasso platform they use for Hybrid closings. I do have more than 1 year of experience though. I was a signing agent back in 2004-2005. I haven’t had a signing with them now for about a month either. Keep trying, I’m sure they’ll call you.

1 Like

Thanks very much. I appreciate the information!

i just left chi-town the traffic is awful, i wouldn’t be able to do signings in your area.

I would recommend getting Snapdocs verified. That helps a lot. Also, be sure you have complete profiles filled out on every possible signing service. And reach out directly to title companies in your area. Also, manually enter all your orders in Snapdocs. That helps with the algorithm offering better and higher paying signings to you, via Snapdocs.

And be sure you are on Signing Order .com. many signing services use this as their primary platform. I get a lot of signings from Premium Closing Solutions, on Signing Order, and I recommend contacting them directly, too.

The Closing Exchange is another excellent platform with lots of signings. Most of them start with a low fee, but I will often counter with a higher fee, and get it.

In the Chicago area, I would think you would have as much business as you want. If that’s still not the case, please post your specific challenges here I’m sure we can help you troubleshoot. All the best!