No signings

I just don’t understand it. I’ve been ‘live’ with my business a year and a half now. I’m on 6 websites, I’ve put ads on instagram and Facebook, And I have only completed 3 signings!!! I had to turn down 4 due to either fees being too low(because they were super far away from my house)or it just so happened I had to do something with my kids. But what I have a problem with is, I get the request, I accept immediately, go to the website and it’s gone, someone has snatched it up. It’s non stop with this. I never thought I was going to have to be a car salesman to do this. My pages are great, my bios are great, I have a mobile scanner and I just bought a mobile printer. I’ve put so much money into this. I decided to get my RON commission and take an RON course to see if that would help. I just have to finish that course now. I’m so defeated at this point. I mean what else am I supposed to do?

2 Likes

@SignatureLife2026 Hmmm . . . :thinking:


Wondering if you entered this business sector based on the false hype of 6-figure income . . .


Before launching any new business, the onus is upon the entrepreneur to investigate their market conditions, potential competition, local fees, etc.

Hopefully, you did perform all of that PRIOR TO investing all your funds up to this point . . .


All of the answers to your cogent & earnest queries are immediately available within the Treasure Trove found in the Notary Cafe database. How do you access it?

What’s the BEST KEPT SECRET of Notary Café? :zipper_mouth_face::shushing_face::face_without_mouth:

===> The SEARCH FUNCTION of the Notary Café database!


Here are a few vitally important & insightful Notary Cafe threads for Research:





https://forum.notarycafe.com/t/temper-your-expectations/21831


:swan:

Have you looked at your competitors? How many notaries are in your area?

Cool name, catchy, looks professional. 3 assignments in a year and a half; that’s about $250 in gross income. How do you support yourself?

Sorry to hear that you’re discouraged. You may have too many notaries in your area as already mentioned.

Did you select the contact option to be Texted, Emailed and Called by all signing companies?

Do you have a Google, Yelp, Next Door, and other social profiles (locally or major social sites) and offer your notary services independently?

Have you contacted Title Companies, Nursing Homes, Rehab facilities, and other local businesses that could benefit from your services directly and briefly explain what type of notary services you offer AND your starting fee? (Sadly, it looks better when notaries list their starting fees under $100 (ex. $90 or $95. BUT, negotiate to the three figure range with standard assignments.)

How much is your E&O policy? Companies usually like to see $100k in coverage. I have less and believe that I was beat out of several signings because of it.

Do you have business cards? If so, are you handing them out regularly?

Lastly, I recommend keeping a journal summarizing each appointment; what went right, what went wrong, and what could have been better. Tracking your progress will only make you better.

I get a decent amount of work for my area. Sometimes, the signing is 5 minutes away, other times 40 minutes. There’s a couple Signing Services I like to work with and they like working with me: NotaryGo and Creative Signings. I find it extremely hard getting selected for SnapDoc appointments (plus they lowball like crazy.)

Don’t lose hope if this what you really want to do (full or part time.) Good luck!

2 Likes

How many site are you on that assign you orders? Such as Signing Order, ServiceLink, NotaryDash… If you are, make sure that you go through your profile and that the zip codes you want to serve are included or that the coverage range is wider (usually by miles). Most seem to work with zip codes.

Make sure that your phone number is correct to receive offers and that your phone does not block unknown numbers. I live in a very rural area so I have to watch the range I put on each platform. I am signed up with 17 different signing companies/websites/portals. Some I don’t hear from much at all while some are very active. They always come by text. I hope this helps. You may have already done these things.

I will say the 6-figure ads create excitement but as a single agent, this is very inflated. I get between 5-10 a week. More than 5 gets a little hectic, but that does not equal anywhere near 6 figures.

1 Like

There are double that number of sites you can register on for free.

Having mobile features doesn’t give an edge. It’s unfortunate that signing systems convey the belief that all these things bring big business. People without websites or mobile capabilities get work also.

Contact local title companies.

@SignatureLife2026 Once you’ve had an opportunity to Review the threads noted above, please let us know if you have any queries about the insights provided.


:swan:

For you SL26!!! I hope this can help you in somehow.

1 Like