Note - Notarize?

Hi All! I’m new to loan signing…

I have my first signing tomorrow. Just wondering if the Note needs to be notarized if no notary block is provided. Also does the second page always need to be initialed. I was taught to do both in training, but some say no, so I’m confused. Any takers?

Hello, things are different from Lender to Lender.You may want to reach out to the signing service that hired you for specific questions. All the ones I work for rather me ask them than assume or get a generic answer from someone else. With that said, I have not had to notarize a note nor get it initialed. I have not seen one with a notary block. The ones I have seen requires a signature.

1 Like

Thank you so much! That was my first thought.

You don’t noatarize the note

I agree with Mobile2Notary that things vary from Lender to Lender - also from title to title…however I would not reach out to hiring party to answer these basic questions.

1. If there is no notary language on a document then the document does not get notarized (unless there are other written instructions telling you to do so). I have had a handful of loans where the note was notarized but, for the most part, no it is not notarized.

2. Initials on pages will be determined by the software they use - if there’s a line for initials, then initial, if not, then don’t (unless separate instructions say to do so). Again, I’ve had some where all pages of note and mortgage need initials, others where no initials are required anywhere. Just become eagle-eye when reviewing docs so you don’t miss them if required.

1 Like

Thank you so.much! This is helpful!!