(NPN) We are Notaries NOT cheap Salespeople **BEWARE**

Got an assignment (through SnapDocs) where it talked about a signing in XYZ location. Seemed like the usual. Told them NO to $95 and got a positive hit at $125. Now comes the detail. What you’re about to do, is a slide presentation to sign up a new/prospective customer of theirs. But wait … there is more …: to be successful you must read the entire package and you must take a short quiz. But wait … there is more: if the signing is before 6:00pm (your time) you must drop everything (including any potential revenue generating new signings) and scan back the full package back to NPN … SAME DAY.
Oh no … that’s NOT all … there is … more (Yuppie) … you have to take the quiz and pass, to get paid!! Only … 28 questions, so that’s another 30 minutes. If you’re lucky you pass, if not, take it again, over and over until at some point you pass AND then, they’ll pay you (Hopefully). No, no, not so fast… wait there is more on top of the more … so you FINALLY pass their idiotic test and guess what … you have to print your results and email that to yet another email address. You, think you passed the test and now … where is the money … not so fast … there is another trick to avoid paying you. These guys are slick and the banana peels are all over the road. BEWARE.

WHO THE HELL DOES NPN THINK THEY ARE? Godsend to Notaries?

Let’s just pretend that Old Republic Title or some other highly regarded entity would ask for a Quiz and that this would become an Industry standard to qualify you as a Vendor. OK; I could live with that at $150 that they pay. But NPN?

Folks … STAY AWAY from scumbags like NPN. We are Notaries, a noble profession dating back centuries (read your history) and NO we are not some cheap salespeople reading a presentation while flipping the PDF pages to convenience people, to buy an overrated debt reduction product.
Let’s keep some standards. Let’s have some higher standards, to which NPN doesn’t come close to.

To those who don’t mind prostituting themselves to this low level; please take all my calls from NPN and enjoy your ride.

PSS: The paperwork indicated that you’re a PARALEGAL representing them. Really? I missed that exam and training all together. I might be legally on the hook if someone …

21 Likes

Was this one of those Debt Settlement Presentations? Yep. I accepted one by mistake – and as soon as I printed the docs – I had to call back to cancel… 1st, I don’t think it’s legal. 2nd, if it is legal – the fee should be at least $300.

6 Likes

I fell for this one as well. You neglected that they try and charge you an annual fee that they will deduct out of your check unless you “opt” out. Lesson learned. No more debt settlement packages.

4 Likes

@Staywme #butWaitTheresMore, I have no idea who there are but OMG I would have blocked them and never agreed to test taking for payment. What does NPN stand for?

6 Likes

NPN=Never Pay Notaries

11 Likes

WOW!!! What an experience! Thanks for sharing :+1:

2 Likes

Can’t remember what NPN stands for, but I always get offers from them, but haven’t accepted any because theirs don’t cover my time and expenses.

3 Likes

Isn’t it “National Paralegal & Notary” ?

6 Likes

Yes! That is the business name.

I recently completed an assignment foe NPN. They deducted a fee for annual membership. I don’t recall signing up for a membership. I was not expecting that at all.

2 Likes

Hmm :unamused: thank you for saying so, that membership I wasn’t expecting. I only pay memberships to National Notary Association, Notary Café and Notary Rotary… because I get wise advises and informations, specially in the forums.

4 Likes

Thats ridiculous and I would absolutely decline the assignment. So disrestpecful to us NSAs.

I see a lot of orders for $75…and these are large files with multiple journal entry requirements. I don’t go under $125…and that has to be down the street from me. If I get the docs and see that its a 170+ file, I request more money or decline. Some of these files have 10+ acknowledgments and jurats. With a spouse, thats 20+ thumb prints and journal inputs…a lot of work! If they went to a walk-in notary service here in California, they would be charged a minimum of $15 per acknowledgment/jurat…which equates to a $150+ signing…and the signers would have to print out their own documents. So, why should we print out 175 pages (plus an additional 175 pages for the signer for a total of 350 sheets), travel to the signers location, return to scan the documents, and then drop off at FedEx or UPS…all for $75 to $100? I don’t think so.

Demand that you get what our service is worth. Don’t be afraid to walk away. There are some good signing companies out there so don’t let these fly by night companies take advantage of you. Nobody gave us our commission…we had to earn it…so companies need to respect that and compensate accordingly. If enough of us stand firm for what is fair, companies like NPN that’s trying to cheapen our profession, will have to change or they won’t survive.

9 Likes

Here’s their website: https://nationalparalegalnotary.com/debt-settlement-signing-services/

GET IT BACK demand it back or threaten to go to the atty general

Thanks to snap docs for entertaining these dirt bags

4 Likes

THANKS TO SNAP DOCS FOR ENTERTAINING THESE DIRT BAGS
I used to get work fromsd but havent gotten a hit in a while so i asked whats up I have a “high rating”
boy what scripted bs answers I got … i did one of these debt consolidations where i read a script didnt have to go thru the rest of it and got paid thru snap docs
first time last time good riddance to snap docs they’re useless to us

5 Likes

thanks for sharing people need to know about them and snap docs for posting their garbage.
i have no love for snap docs …I did my first business thru them and got hit after hit but now although I’m rated hig …i get nothing
I did turn down a bunch of junk… so no junk no regular hits

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing Staywme. I just accepted one not knowing all that was entailed and low and behold it was for $40. I’m new to this industry and did not know I could negotiate the price. Plus I went through all that so the Law Firm can get a customer on my presentation. Really? I will not be accepting these anymore.

2 Likes

There is a little hope with these scumbags. I wrote a strongly worded letter that they are NOT to deduct any membership fees from my payment. I love to share the President of NPN’s response with you all. At least I will not be getting any more business from them. AND THAT’S GOOD !!!

Hello Peter,
I have opted you out and you won’t be charged the annual membership fee. That said, you will no longer be eligible to complete NPN signings should you choose to not become a member. Please keep in mind that the membership more than pays for itself and offers some great benefits. If you change your mind at any time, please let me know. Thank you for the most recent signing you completed for us. We appreciate the work you did.

Thank You,

Lisa Munyon
Principal
833.444.DOCS (3627)
Lisa@NationalParalegalNotary.com
www.NationalParalegalNotary.com

4 Likes

I’m very sorry Jessica.boardmanza that this is your intro into the business. Believe me when I say that there are more good companies out there, than bad ones. You just started out with a bad one. It’s all downhill for you from here. Best of luck in your new field.

I too have had a lot of debt reduction signings. I will NOT sell their product and have had some big their sales people get mad as I could not rescue a non signing customer. More and more I am having problems with the fees involved in this. I, however have not been asked to take more than a small general test by snapdocs. I found all the answers online and they were questions similar to those on my state quiz. I would not take any 2 bit test for a particular signing.

1 Like