One time activation fee

I got a call from a company me asking me to make a one time payment for $49 so I can get more signing jobs. Has anyone experienced this? Is the company legit. Please advise!

Hard to say if theyā€™re legit when we donā€™t know the name of the company - many companies push that ā€œone time feeā€ to be listed in their directory. If you donā€™t feel comfortable sharing publicly, on the upper bar to the right, click on the magnifying glass - do a search for the company here - they may have already been discussed.

Good luck

@exousianotary Welcome to the Notary Cafe forum! :sparkles: Concur :100: percent with the insights provided by @LindaH-FL above.

To be helpful, Iā€™ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

======

The information available on Notary Cafe is very insightful & helpful, too!

Itā€™s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ā€˜chasingā€™ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

:swan:

I wouldnā€™t pay it when the jobs were plentiful and no way in this down market.

2 Likes

What state are you located in??