Out of State clients

Aloha afternoon, Anyone worked with The Opal Group company from New Jersey? New York. This was my first time receiving an assignment in Carmichael CA–from them on Friday, January 13th. They asked me to send a picture of my CA ID - I did. Send a picture of my valid notary stamp-I did. I took the assignment and completed it. We’ve already negotiated my fees. Now he’s running me around with paying me! Thanks for listening…

1 Like

@PrimaShaka1 Sorry to read about the non-payment difficulties.

Regarding sending:

AND

You weren’t specific, but I do hope that you REDACTED your DL # and placed a large “X” through the image of your notarial stamp to preclude any identity theft or notary falsification activities.

I performed a cursory Google Search & there is quite a bit of available information on the web including on their website: movrr .co

=====

The following post on the direct Notary Cafe url thread should be very helpful to you in your collection process to be paid for the professional services that you successfully provided. Here is the direct url:

======

As you’ve been a member of the Notary Cafe forum for at least a year, you probably already know this, but I’ll provide the information just in case you aren’t cognizant of it.

Unfortunately, there is no additional information available within the Notary Cafe database for this business entity; however, there is very insightful & helpful information found within the database. In this instance, as information couldn’t be found in the database, one would need to vet the potential new client through other methods on the web.

It’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Most members find it difficult/nearly impossible to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

:swan:

2 Likes

Appreciate your response :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I personally would never share an image of my stamp.
There is a notary in our area(sacramento area) that has had her info stolen and someone has created a stamp and is using it illegally.
I would decline a signing that requested that.

1 Like

I would also never share my stamp, you can share a copy of your commission. Redact info on your DL such as ID# and address, they dont need that info. Ive learned you cant trust anyone these days and unfortunately there are a lot of scams out there preying on new notaries who do not know better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.