Scanbacks for signings

When you are doing a signing, and it calls for scanbacks, typically what is needed to be sent back using this method?
What documents? All of them?

99% of the time it’s the entire package unless the company provides specific critical pages they need, i.e., DOT, Note, etc.

1 Like

And is this done using a scanning App?

1 Like

Most notary signing agents either have an all-in-one machine to scan from or they use a portable scanner from the table; there’s also the option of a stand-alone scanner like the Fujitsu ScanSnap or the Epson GT-S50 (which I have) -

IMO if you rely on an app on your phone to scan docs back, you could have issues. Imagine scanning back 130 page packages on a phone app. I just don’t see how that’s reliable, secure or cost-effective.

6 Likes

Great answers, LindaH. One additional bit of wisdom: Do not plan to use Fedex Office or UPS Store et al for your scan-or-faxbacks. First, the machines are not secure. Second, the cost is prohibitive.

NEVER use a public fax machine. Again, they are not secure.

3 Likes

Two good options 1. Scan entire package on single page setting in low resolution 2. Pull scan documents from the package BEFORE closing. I will keep scanned docs on top of package and send back that way. If customer insists on having stack in order then I use option 1 I use Scansnap.Itis fast and reliable

2 Likes