Slow Start, Am I Doing This Wrong?

Thank you to everyone that has provided tips for me as well as the other new agents in the field it has really helped. I have completed 4 signings this week alone (I know it isn’t much but its great momentum). I’m excited for the future!

2 Likes

When I first started out in 2015, I called all the signing companies every day and asked if they had assignments in my area. “The squeaky wheel gets the oil.” After about a week or two, they started giving me signings because I was “top of mind.”

3 Likes

Hi, I started 2020 in April mostly with Notary Go. I knew I should move the air around fist, before making some money for myself. I had a good mentor always answering to me. My first signing was a mess (I didn’t print the documents right), but signers were nice and my mentor helped me to print again and go back before midnight. I didn’t have a good printer during this time because wasn’t sure I will stick with this business, but realized that I should invest first. So I did and made 11k for 2020. I didn’t bother my mentor too often and after 2 weeks with Notary Go I switched to SignatureClosers. This gave me a speed. Then realized that I should emphasize on the quality before I try to do bigger volume of signings. So try first to gain a routine in signing. I hope my experience will help you.

4 Likes

Hello Carissa,
I am new as of a few months ago and signed up for a few signing companies. i
'm hoping it will pick up.

It will. it took me about a month to get my first one.

YES, Yes…U Must Sign up with LOTS of Signing Companies than pick out the ones that are Worthy of your Time, Effort & Expertise! Yes you Barter with them if they’re Low Ballers…bottom line sir —Attention to Detail! Minimize mistakes, Know your Docs…My Pet Peeve is Night time Gigs …No one answers when U have Questions “At the Table” after 5- 6pm, etc :frowning:

All the Best !!

TD