Some pages cut off, am I doing what's right?

I have a closing this evening and I got the docs yesterday afternoon. While looking at the docs in Adobe before I printed them, I noticed five pages were cut off. I contacted title. They asked if it was a cash-out refi and I told them no, then I never heard anything else. The signer’s lines are present on each page, and only two of the docs, the Mineral Rights Acknowledgement and Credit Score Disclosure forms, need to be notarized. Only part of the certificate is there on those pages, so I attached separate Acknowledgement and Jurat forms respectively.

I will contact title again, but if I don’t hear back from them, does it seem like I’ve done the right thing here?

Thanks.

1 Like

I sometimes will print shirk to fit on some of the pages… Signing companies always say print actual. But I am sure they don’t mean when the pages cut off. That’s what i do. I just think that they want the legal size to be printed on legal and letter on letter.

One Title Company who will remain nameless, sends you documents where some of the pages read 10 1/2 by 13 in the preview (Most pages read 8 1/2 by 11-Letter size or 8 1/2 X 14 - Legal size). Now if you print with the settings you’re supposed to use when printing documents, the pages will be cut off. The problem is, if you have a 170 pages, it’s difficult to look through every one of the pages to see which one is cut off. But now that I am familiar with this companies documents, I know what pages this happens on, I can look out for and change the settings for these pages. I shouldn’t have to do that, but when I told them about it, I got CRICKETS!!

I had the same issue couple of days ago, I tried in two different computers and printers, to see if it was my settings. Whoever the uploaded in PDF, did it in a way that my printer couldn’t recognized the 10 x 13 :roll_eyes:

I’ve had that happen too - where my printer didn’t recognize what they sent - I had them keep re-scanning it til they got it right…LOL

As for “shrink to fit” - if company is okay with that, that’s fine, but be careful - don’t do that with any of the recordable docs - recorders have a minimum font and minimum/maximum margin sizes required for the document to be accepted to record.

Yep. I had the same thing. But I only had about 10 of the payoff fax pages that were that size. Since then, I just started printing “shrink to fit”. That’s the best i can do. No issues from signing companies. :slight_smile:

I bet you know who that is. Well, there is a title company that starts with the letter “R” who I had that issue with. You’re right, when I tell them, nothing improved. Like you, I figured out what pages they were and printed those separately. Their documents are horrible to begin with. They ask for information that title companies no longer ask for. "Ridiculous!!!