Tips for new Notary Signing Agents

Hello everyone,

In December, I received my commission, completed training, background, purchased E&O insurance, purchased all of my equipment and supplies, set up an LLC, etc. Over the past 30 days, I have signed up with 27 Signing Services, and will continue adding to the list in the upcoming days. Several services would not take me on due to not having any experience. During this 30 day period, I have only been notified of 6 signings. Even though I responded immediately, 5 of the 6 were assigned to others.

I was fortunate to have my first signing last Friday, which was a HELOC. It was a great experience, and reaffirmed my passion for the work, but I am baffled as to how to get more signing opportunities. I have also reached out directly to Title companies here in Southwest Ohio but they too are looking for signing agents with experience. A huge dilemma for me is figuring out how to locate companies that are willing to give me a try to build the experience I need to earn their trust.

If anyone has advice for a new NSA, I would MORE than appreciate your advice and help. And if there is anything I can ever do for you in return, don’t hesitate to reach out!

@flannerynotaryservices Oh Boy! There is a GOLDMINE of data already available within the database of the Notary Cafe forums! The information there is very insightful & helpful, too!

Plus, it’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

======

To get you started with your Research, here are a few germane & important direct Notary Cafe url links:

:swan:

Well let me say 27 is nowhere near enough….When I first started I must have signed up with over 200 plus…( caution many have gone out of business or become slow to no payers) out of those I only get regular business from 5- 10 at the most.

2 Likes

Each market has it’s own characteristics, meaning what happens where I’m at may not reflect where you’re at. You’ve entered this business on a down swing. Signings are few and many have NSAs have departed the business. It may take considerable time for you to build up your client list.

when I launched my NSA business I had about 175 signing services, Title Co.s, and law firms. I’ve closed over 600 transactions since Feb 2020. Starting this year closings have slowed to a crawl, closing less than 6-7 per month, and mostly from legal engagements.

I’m in Central Texas/Hill Country and Title Co.s are closing up some of there offices. We also have a rather saturated NSA market with Notaries who are taking low ball offers [at or below the cost of operations]. Fold in that fact that Texas has a low threshold to becoming a Notary.

1 Like

@RiverpointeTax Concur :100: percent. :sparkles: Excellent overarching assessment of the current status of the business sector.

"Each market has it’s own characteristics . . . on a down swing. Signings are few . . . many have NSAs have departed the business. It may take considerable time for you to build up your client list.

. . . closings have slowed to a crawl . . . Title Co.s are closing up some of there offices . . . a rather saturated NSA market "

:swan:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.