USA Notaries Scam

I did a signing for USA Notaries back in November 2021. After the signing was complete, they wouldn’t answer my emails and the phone number that they gave me had been disconnected. They are scammers using the company name of World Energy, LLC out of Florida. They are posing as a debt consolidation company and they seem to prey on the elderly. They never paid me for that signing, but called me a couple weeks ago to do another one. I told them that I had not been paid for the first one from 4 months ago, and I would not be doing another one until I was paid for the first one. After another week, they finally sent the money via PayPal. As soon as I saw that it was in my account, I instantly transferred it to my bank account and then informed them that I had spoken to this person and that she had changed her mind, which was true since I had called her and told her that they were trying to scam her. I am not going to tell them that I am onto their scam, but if they contact me again, I will again reach out to the other party to hopefully keep them safe.

2 Likes

IMO you overstepped. This is not your job. Either work for them or don’t, but don’t go telling their clients that they are being scammed. If you see the paperwork and that’s you opinion of what’s happening, turn the job back and move on. If you feel strongly that you are right and they ARE scamming people, turn them in to the proper authorities…

JMO

2 Likes

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that during the course of your conversation you did not use the word “SCAM”… doing so if it ever gets back to the company that you said that puts you in a liability gray area.

1 Like

Thank you for your opinion. It was a judgment call - one that I will repeat in the future when it is this obvious.

And if things escalate and someone is sued, prepare to go to court to testify, ask yourself: this is worthy?
Sorry Linda this reply was for denisedicken…

1 Like

Wait you felt they were being scammed and you completed the signing anyway? Then you took the money for the signing and called the client to tell them that they were being scammed? Looks to me like your part of the “scam”.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I read the post! You stole my response!

1 Like

Lol you can still post it in case they don’t understand it the first time! :joy:

1 Like

What she said is that she took the money for the first signing that she felt she was entitled to… scam or not she wanted her money and that was her main focus. After accepting the money she decided to stick it to them and call them scammers. So she didn’t mind being part of the first scam but she did not want to be a party to it moving forward…. At least that’s how it Translated in my mind as I read it… but what do I know I could be wrong.

Heck I could’ve read it wrong myself. I did a reverse mortgage today that included a trust. My brain is fried😂

I am one of the few that actually like them… breaks the Monotony of constant refis

1 Like

Yea I don’t mind them myself. This was the first one I did that included 2 trustees. A very long hour and 40 minutes this morning.

1 Like

No, ma’am. I did not complete the signing. I took the pay for the signing that I completed 4 months ago before I realized it was a scam. That person had realized it was a scam and had stopped payments. I created the post hoping to help notaries not to be taken by companies that won’t pay. I sure won’t be making that mistake again.

2 Likes

I apologize for misreading the post.

The seller is not being scammed, you are. Lastly you told the sellers a lie, shame on you.

What??? Umm Dan - wrong person?

OMG that is so dishonest! I really appreciate this feedback as it seems they are becoming more scamming than anyone these days.I amso picky about who and what Companies i do signings for.Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.