WARNING: National Paralegal & Notary Co aka NPN

This compnay has set me up for a scam. They give me a job, told me have to do some training before I get paid, but make it impossible to complete the training. The module wont open (cause it’s too long to scan for virsuses) and when I contaced support, they riddiculed and lecruted my about reading the terms and conditions (which I did read). I have no probelm with the terms. I have an issue with not being able to pass the test beacuse they can’t get me all the training modules in a safe way. So they threatened my pay and they are threatneing to turn me into the secretary of state if I persue… BE WARE OF THE CON ARTISTS! THE SOS demands we keep high cyber security and downloading their unsecure training module is MORE against the law than simple, direct and firm communication.

1 Like

I am so sorry that happened to you. So many scammers out there. Horrible.

2 Likes

Exactly why are they going to turn you into your Secretary of State?? What type of work did you do and what happened? What basis do they have? Bet they made claims about their “representative” which were false and now they’re trying to back track and put it on you.

Not to mention, do a search here on this site for previous threads - NPN is notorious for misleading notaries. You will NOT be a paralegal when you finish their training - you’ll be a trained robot to do their crappy assignments. And they don’t pay a lot or don’t pay at all.

I’m sorry you got roped into this - don’t let them intimidate you - get your money then re-think whether you want to work with them or not.

JMO

5 Likes

We came to a resolution, so i want to publically say that I will get paid, however they wont work with me again, which is fine by me. I think whats happening is their new notaries download the video without scanning for viruses. Which is a huge problem. I hope that address their cyber security of their notaries ad i suggested. Moreover, i hope next time someone has an issue with a problem, they will just help instead tossing around threats.

3 Likes

So you do the job first and then they require you to take training in order to get paid for that job? Wow!!! Isn’t it supposed to be the other way around? I have to say I am very fortunate that they don’t call me.

They have threatened to report you to SOS, would you ever work with them again?

If they develop a study system that can be scanned for viruses …I’d consider it. But with thecomments Im getting here… I dont think I’d touch them with a 10ft pole.

2 Likes

they said I was being unprofessional and that notaries should act more appropreate: my version is the opposite of course. Luckily I have all correspondence so I’m not worried about that part. I just regret the person in charge not listening to my very first message. A lot of unpleasantry could have been avoided. IIt was a debt resolution package, which starts off by disclaiming that I am their representive (which I quickly added to at the table saying I am simply a disinterestd 3rd party) but I am reuired to read a speech and give a presentation (paper slides) and get their initails on each page. There was one notarization total.

Thank you for your reply and I will look into the other posts as you said they are notorious. Bout time they deal with consiquesnces. :slight_smile:

Im not suprised you have heard of them before now. I am not easily intimidated as I know our SOS would applaud my efforts in keeping my comuter and vital information secure, over my non-crass language violation :slight_smile: I was professional for the first few emails and it was when I was being denied my pay, that I got serious, still non-crass.

1 Like

OK, this is weird! I have done several assignments for this company and have never been asked to take any training in order to get paid. They are reaching out for your services under the assumption you already know what you have to do as a “CERTIFIED” NSA. They want to give you “extra” training, that’s fine, but to hold your payment hostage after the fact is illegal (quid pro quo). In addition, I am not aware of any SOS regulating vendor specific (in-house) training. They do address general IT/cyber guidelines for ALL functions you do as a notary electronically (the basics). I don’t care if they call Ghostbusters! Pay me and kick rocks! Get your money girl and keep it moving. Too many fish in the sea for this BS!

2 Likes

Thank you for the warning! These guys are really active on Snap Docs in my area.

1 Like

Im really confused then. They were very last minute type of appointment and thats why i was shocked they expected me to comete this “training” and.complete a test b4 the signing. Odd though, i even triple checked the name. Sorry sir, something has changed with that co.

This was my personal experience with National Paralegal & Notary (Velsa Holdings, LLC)

• When you accept an order from them through Snapdocs- they did not pay through VendorPay- they mail a check approx. 60 days after you have completed the closing.
  • They don’t tell you that you have to complete and pass a Paralegal mini training prior to the closing; which can take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours.
  • When you receive your payment 60-70 days later- you will not get paid in full. There will be a deduction of $29 for their “Annual membership” that is not revealed in the order, in the instructions or anywhere else.
3 Likes

This is absolutely true, and will likely take longer than 60 days to get paid. I have 4 unpaid signings dating back to 12/23/2022. I have just emailed them regarding when I can expect payment. All signings were approved by them.

2 Likes

They will take $29 from your first check. They require you pay them to work for them. And then you will have to chase the rest of your pay. Every job I’ve ever done for them I’ve had to email to get paid. Then they send a picture showing they paid. They’re a real nightmare. I made the mistake of taking another job from them this year and they took another $29 and I had to chase my money. I’m done with them.

1 Like

@nfaucher WoW! That’s quite a bit of gall that NPN demonstrates . . .

:sparkles::crown::owl: You’re wise to avoid them in the future.

Thank you for sharing your direct experience.

:swan:

I know it’s an old post but I found it while looking for anything about NPN.
I’ve been doing the jobs for them till I finally found out I was a part of the scam. People/signers were ripped off by the companies I was doing the signings for , and my phone number is now the only legit number, and I keep getting the calls from angry customers.
I did try to contact NPN and their vendors, but they all just disappeared.

Exactly!!! I just got the check with the fee taken out. Instructions state it is “optional” and since I haven’t gotten another job from them in over 5 weeks, I don’t see the need to join. Additionally when I called I can’t speak to accounting. I can only “email” them.

Yes, I’d stay away. I’m never a fan of debt settlement anyway.