Ways to Save Money On Gas

I wanted to share a couple of ways that I use to save money on gas.

1 - Sign up to pay with Gas Buddy. You will save .15 cents per gallon your first fill up and then .05 per gallon each additional fill up at just about any gas station. It is not a credit card.

2 - Sign up for Shell Fuel Rewards. You will save at least .05 per gallon. They occasionally run specials where you get even more off per gallon.
https://www.fuelrewards.com/

It also looks like you can stack your Shell Fuel Rewards savings with the Gas Buddy card giving you a total savings of .10 a gallon.

There is a Shell gas station right across the street from my subdivision so I go there often so this works great for me!!

3 - Sign up for a Sams Card. As a self employed person you can probably get a Sams Business account which give you early shopping hours and the ability to add additional members for a low cost. And of course you get access to their gas which tends to be cheaper than other stations in the area.

What other tips and tricks do you guys use to save money on gas?

3 Likes

I ride my motorcycle every chance I get. 55 mpg is a nice way to save $$$ on gas.

1 Like

Keep your tires properly inflated, your air filter clean, and get the oil changed regularly. Avoid sudden braking and accelerating - both gobble gas. Don’t use the cheapest A…o gas - you may save a couple bucks on a tank, but your car will burn the stuff faster. Not a win.

4 Likes

Great ideas and Ill use them! Gas is my biggest expense as I drive between Ohio and Kentucky. Anytime I can, I group my appts with other errands. Also, I close for some title companies whose offices are in the city and the clients are an hour away in the mountains. I require all packages be overnighted to me or emailed and with an overnight for going back to the title co.

1 Like

A typical response I receive from signing companies when telling them my fee is “we can’t pay that because that’s more than what we are getting.”

Really? Did someone forget to factor in the cost of notary services? And how is that my problem?

1 Like

thanks. I find my greatest expense is toner and paper.

1 Like

I recently found legal size paper on officesupply.com for $56 a case. They ship it free. This is a $20 per case savings from my local Office Depot or Staples.

1 Like