Which states allow remote wet ink

It looks like Montana and Wyoming allow for remote notary with physical wet ink signature and stamp (pron and RIN).

Any other states that allow this?

Vermont has an emergency rule that allows this during the pandemic. Both the signer and the notary must be in Vermont.

The revisions to the Vermont notary law that went into effect 1 July 2022 allow this permanently, and the signer can be outside Vermont. But it won’t go into effect until the Secretary of State issues rules on how a notary obtains a special endorsement for electronic and remote notarization.

1 Like

Washington only allows RON, so far as I know.

I’d check with NNA. They probably have a listing.

1 Like

I wish! I’m in SD and they don’t allow any kind of e-notarization. I can do RON in the capacity that a person known to me can video chat with me on any kind of video platform, sign on camera, scan and send me the document, I print and notarize, scan and send back. But I HAVE to know them personally. Kinda the honor system there! I am also a WY notary but I’m under the impression that I can only do WY RON if my feet are inside the state lines. It’s an hour to just the border if I take I-90.

1 Like