Yea, or nay?

I posted on next door, the social media site/app. I was hoping for clients who needed a notary. I got no clients, but I got a job offer from a UPS store. I responded to the pm asking for details of the duties I would have. Never got a response. Should I follow-up? It seems like the person from UPS was trolling. But I have no idea how often they pay their notaries. Or if I would in fact have other duties other than notarizing documents. Is it worth working for UPS in such a way. It also seems they have a high turnaround for notaries. Been to that location where the job is. It was literally a different notary every time I went there.

Thanks.

I’d think they were looking for an employee who also is a Notary
as you’ve already been to the store, I’d stop in and ask. Seriously doubt they’d only want anyone for just notary work. But, they might let you put a stack of business cards there or a flyer/brochure.

2 Likes

My UPS store owner is a notary and they do the fingerprints/live scan.

Sounds like they want to hire you as an employee (with the side benefit of being a notary so they don’t have to pay for your training and commission) - in which case they’ll pay you an hourly rate to work the pack-n-ship part of the business and they can offer notary services in addition to other services - most likely the UPS franchisee will keep the notary fee - I doubt you’ll get paid separately for notarizing anything - UPS Store pays you your salary/pay rate, which includes any notarizations you do.

Good on you to ask about duties involved - you may be stepping into something you really don’t want to do.

Good luck

2 Likes

FYI: In most regions, UPS stores won’t allow this . . . The UPS Store owner views the services you provide as ‘competition.’ So, respond in an understanding manner if they say, “No.” :sparkles:

In our area they won’t allow it either; also in our area the UPS Stores offer loan signing services; let’s just say the notaries don’t make the fees working there that they would working independently

BUT it may vary by area - to OP, wear a good negotiating cap and you may strike gold if this is something you think you want to do.

1 Like

:+1:Like your advice.:+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.