$60 For Refinance!?

Just received a notification from SnapDocs for last minute refinance signing for $60 and someone took it. Who would take that especially for a rush??? I would have said yes for a higher price but don’t have time today and I’m struggling for signings as I just started…

Someone trying to get experience so they can increase their fees? LOL–sorry, but true.

7 Likes

you should be on the newbie page preaching this to everyone. I took lower paying signings when I started. only been at it a few months. didn’t take long to figure out the pay isn’t enough sometimes. I do have another job so I don’t really have to rely on this. surprises me how often the offer more. there are a lot of times no one accepts then and the up the offer.

2 Likes

Some people don’t value their time. Do these people think that a plumber would commit up to 3 hours of their time for $60 minus their out-of-pocket expenses for travel and supplies…let alone all of the other expenses that come with being a signing agent? Perhaps they should give it a little more reflective thought before deciding to donate their time.

3 Likes

Right? I don’t think many people understand how much it takes to make a profit. They see $60 and not think about their time and expenses involved. I did Door Dash last year when the pandemic started. Other drivers were rushing to take $3 deliveries for 20 miles round trip with no tip. I tried to explain to a fellow driver the wear and tear on their car, the time it takes to make the delivery, and cost of gas. Went right over his head. Until he couldn’t drive his car due to it needing some transmission work… Whoops…

Yeah, little did I know when I was taking Notary Go jobs for $60 the first few months that I would be eventually getting up to $175 per signing. Now the lowest I’ll take is $85 if it’s in my small town, $90 for anywhere else.

1 Like

$85-$90 still too low. Never less than $100 & usually more.

5 Likes

Especially with the price of gas going up, car maintenance. Lets 's get the mechanic to work for $60 for 3 hours. Yea sure, and we go to him!

I took any and everything when I first started to get experience and numbers under my belt. The more I did the more I got… It worked because now I’m favorited and name my price. I get more than I can handle sometimes. Only been in 4 months. Now I would counter that with at least $125.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely someone trying to get the experience. When starting you sometimes have to take these to get in the door after a few I don’t take them anymore. I ask for a higher pay or just wait until the next assignments come thru.

SD - often last minute offers go out at a low rate because the escrow officer is just making a last ditch effort so s/he can say s/he did. If the offer is not accepted in the first round, the escrow officer pulls the signing and reschedules for another day.