A-Step Above

A Step Above Signing Services
A Step Above Signing Service
205-572-0832
angie-astepabovesigningservice@outlook.com

I did 3 signings for this signing company. 2 signings on 5/8/2020 & one signing on 5/12/2020 and didn’t get pay. Do not trust this company. This lady, Angie McCloud probably is the owner. She showed me the proof of the copy of the check and said check was sent. I immediately can tell it was a fake evidence. It’s been one year. I still haven’t received my payment.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing your direct experience, Elaine. So very sorry this happened.

Hopefully, you can take action for remuneration of your fee through various collection options.

You’ll want to join the Deadbeat Signing Services group on Facebook. She’s the #1 deadbeat service, and not just because she starts with an “A”. She’s notorious for not paying! You’ll have to KEEP emailing her, and calling her out for not paying you. She will make excuse after excuse, until you threaten her with calling her SoS or BBB, THEN she will pay you, and call you a liar for claiming she did not pay. It is her M.O. Sorry you have to deal with her. Keep after her. Eventually, you WILL get paid, IF you DO NOT GIVE UP.

1 Like

She did the same thing to me. Kept saying she paid me sending copies of fake checks calling me a liar and saying she was offended that I was questioning her integrity! What integrity? She’s a con-artist. I just kept emailing and calling her and after threatening to contact the BBB etc., she finally paid me. Keep on her and don’t give up!

I’m very stress dealing with Angie Mccloud, A-Step Above. The emails was back & forth for more than a month. I still haven’t got paid. She kept telling me to check my local post office bc she mailed my payment. And than same day telling me to call Deluxe check ? Whom should I contact really? She thinks I’m dumb or something?

Did she yell at you?

Don’t waste your time calling anybody but her and the BBB. She’ll send you on a wild goose chase just to get you off her back. She thinks we’re all going to get tired of trying to get paid and will just go away so she can keep the money.

Ok but what exactly did she say to you and was she yelling?

First couple of emails were basically asking how & when she sent my payment. Then she got more more nasty…

3nd email from her:
This was mailed to you info is below, I would check with local post office and see if they are still behind.

4th email from her
I sent you a copy of the mailed check do not accuse me of not paying!!! Where and when it was sent is in the info below! I don’t say I paid something if I didn’t and I don’t appreciate the accusations

5th email. She made a fake check to show the proof of the check from Deluxe

6th email from her. Her message below.
No I did not forget to mail the check I don’t mail them the bank does and I sent you a copy of the signed check and when it was mailed. One more time if you check with your post office mail is still running slow. The copy of the check is in the email chain! The proof it was sent to your address is in black and white! I’m not trying to be rude but you are making false accusations and all you need to do is watch your mail. I am not a mail man. I don’t know what you want me to do. ITS BEEN MAILED!

7th email

AS I TOLD YOU AT 1 AM CALL DELUXE I AM DONE!!! YOUR CHECK WAS MAILED YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION AND I AM FED UP WITH YOUR ACCUSATIONS!!! TAKE YOUR OWN ADVISE AND BE PROFESSIONAL AND WAIT FOR THE MAIL LIKE AN ADULT!!
(Notice that she used all cap to write this email)

8th email

I could give a rats behind what notary café says. Once again here is the info on your CHECK CALL DELUXE AND VERIFY!!!
Please do not take another signing from this company or any I am affiliated with!!

9th email
I am sending you an email from DELUXE with direct contact info on who I spoke to. Keep harassing me and I will file harassment charges as well as slander and libel as they are all against the law.

10th email
I have had enough of you accusing me CALL DELUXE LIKE I TOLD YOU TOO!!

11th email
PAYMENT WAS ISSUED AND YOU HAVE THE INFO YOU NEED TO CALL DELUXE AND VERIFY WITH THEM AND STOP ACCUSING ME!!!

The end… No payment from her. :frowning:

She also stiffed me. When I spoke to her on the phone she said she was going to pay me, that she had been in the hospital for a month. Still haven’t seen it. It’s been months.

This is unbelievable. OMG!

Thank you all for this. I took a couple signings from a SoS. I need to catch up on admin work, but I do recall seeing a check. I’ll keep my eyes open.

It took me over 90 days to get paid. I FINALLY received payment after I kept sending her emails. She was not as unprofessional to me as to others, but I will NEVER do another signing for her.

wow thank you
where is she located??
any deluxe check or corp check will have your signature endorsement
deluxe can verify it for you that :
1 it was sent
2 where to and when dated
3 it was cashed or deposited by you
no info from Deluxe means no check
They use check numbers and invoice numbers which SOS should be able to provide you
That should cause her to act
You also Have charges… Theft of Services…I believe its called… her threats can be challenged by yours
ask your District Attorney’s Office
Good luck

1 Like

A. McCloud

Here’s a sample of what she was saying to me…

I seriously think she has mental issues.

Did a signing for her on March 3rd. Contacted her for payment she never replied. Sent a second email a few weeks later; she said payment wouldn’t be til May. I looked at her " payment policy" on Notary Resume(several typos) it says some like 45 business days. Excluding weekends and holidays, that puts my payment in late May! I will never do a signing for that company again.

It’s so stress out to deal w/ A-Step Above, Angie McCloud. I work 16 to 18 hours a day. I just can’t beleive that as a notary, we all have an integrity. How she get her notary licence? I gave her many chances and I think she’s living in her dream world. She thinks all of us are stupid and easy to fool.

Here are the emails from her, yesterday & today
12th email from Angie McCloud

SEE I DON’T PLAY YOUR GAMES AND I WILL BE MORE THEN HAPPY TO FORWARD THE COPY OF YOUR CHECK PLUS THE EMAIL TO WHOEVER YOU WANT. AND IF YOU DON’T WANT TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WHY SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE OF YOU SCREWING ME? I WILL ALSO SEND A COPY TO THE NNA ALONG WITH ALL YOUR EMAILS. BUT SEE I AM AN ADULT AND DON’T PLAY CHILDISH GAMES!!!

13th email from Angie McCloud
You are seriously ill. You don’t want to follow instructions as were given to you. I told you 2 days ago how can I trust you not to cash both checks? I have proof you were paid. I never said it was cashed. I have no issues sending another payment except the fact you won’t call deluxe as instructed. I will be filing charges tomorrow for libel and slander

14th
All you had to do was call deluxe and verify and tell them you did not receive it and this whole thing could of been taken care of. I can’t stop the check that is why I told you over and over to call deluxe but instead you just want to threaten me ect.

15th
How about we call them on conference call that way we can BOTH find out how to Proceed

16th
I want it in writing that you will not cash both checks.

Here’s how I feel as a victim …
Angie McCloud is pulling my leg. I gave her enough time to send me the payment. One year!!!. These 3 signings were done in May 2020

In fact, she should be the one to prove that I receive her check, not me? I never receive my payment, that all!

You guys should look into getting LegalShield. They have a team of lawyers that will help you with things like this and more. I suggest getting LegalShield with Home Business Supplement(Home Business Supplement as long as you don’t have any employees). Check out the link below. Unfortunately, this isn’t the only signing service that thinks they can treat us like this.
mlugo.wearelegalshield.com

1 Like

I wouldn’t hesitate to contact the title company who hired A STEP ABOVE and let them know of her flaky, fraudulent method of doing business. She has no integrity. And, she’s a notary as well.

I just wouldn’t let her roll all over me. Go get your money.

3 more emails from Angie McCloud today

17 th email
Please verify your address so we can be done with this

18th
I need your correct address as you see I cannot stop the check that was already issued. So a new one will be issued as soon as you verify your address so I can put a signature card on it

19th

Verify your address so I can resend since you claim not to get it and I have sent you proof over proof as well as the info on me not being able to void the original check. Since you claim you did not get this one at this address I HAVE TO HAVE A VALID ADDRESS. IF YOU CANT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE SURE YOU GET IT THEN IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM. SEND YOUR ADDRESS AND I AM HAVING IT SENT CERTIFIED MAIL WITH SIGNATURE REQUIRED. THIS IS THE ADDRESS YOUR CHECK THAT YOU SUPPOSABLY DID NOT GET WENT TO

• What’s her problem! I texted & emailed her my address for numerous times

20th
I am trying to help you but if you refuse to help me then there is nothing I can do about it.