About the: Beginner's Questions category

Thank you Shaq. I thought it might have been a mistake or glitch. How ridiculous is that to be notified 15 minutes before the appointment?! I totally agree about not taking RUSH signings, regardless whether I’m new or a veteran to the field. I would not risk my integrity and professionalism. Thanks again! I hope this is not a regular thing, I would hate for it to affect my response rating and put me down at the bottom of the list.

3 Likes

Good question, I am also curious never done one before.

Print out an RTC calendar

2 Likes

I am new and struggling to get that first signing - every time I get a notification usually
from signature closers - open the link it’s already taken less than 5 seconds -whoa I ask what do
I need to get myself into this playing field.

2 Likes

SOOO, it’s not just me. I get several notifications a day from Signature Closers, and I experience the same thing. I was told by an LSA to keep signing up with agencies and soon that will change.

Question. If spouse is not a co-borrower and the tax release and ssn release authorization forms do not have the spouse’s dob and ssn prepopulated like the borrower’s, l’m I suppose to have the spouse write in this information on the forms?

Hello, I am a new Notary Signing Agent. I was asked to do a “witness only” from a Holler Law Firm. I have seen some people say that they don’t take witness jobs so I wanted to know what I would usually be asked to do with this type of job?

1 Like

A witness only signing is a signing conducted by a notary - you’re not a witness, you’re the notary signing agent.

Research this law firm - google, search here - search on other forums - something in the back of my memory is setting off bad vibes for me (I’ve never worked with them) but from reading forums

Good luck

1 Like

Thank you @LindaH-FL . I will do that!

Hey this may be a silly question but What does “provide one witness mean?” Surely they don’t expect me to provide a witness. So what do they expect from me?

They expect you to provide a witness…depending on where the property is located the mortgage/security instrument or deed of conveyance may require two witnesses, and in some states the notary can act as one witness. They are asking you to provide the second witness.

If you have someone available who will go with you, take them - but not before you clear it with the company and get a fee for that person ($25 or more). I, personally, prefer that the signers provide the witness but that’s not always possible - so my husband would go on a field trip with me…

1 Like

@LindaH-FL Thank you. I’m glad you told me that. I love that your husband went with you too :smile: That gives me direction for future assignments with that label.

2 Likes

Sundays are not considered a business day!!!

Umm…I specifically said it was not.

To edit here - I’m not quite sure why I said “only federal holidays” - so to clarify -

Sundays and federal holidays are not considered business days when calculating the rescission date.

1 Like

Have you found out the answer to that? I’m wondering the same thing.

Hopefully you were paid by now. C2C is net 30 and pays by echeck. They have always paid me. Snapdocs has an option to create an invoice so you can use that to send to other companies that have not paid you yet. Hope this helps.

Hello All,
Brand new NSA here in Texas. So, I actually don’t know how to start things off. I plan to do this part time (preferably after 6pm and weekends). With the exception of a scanner, I acquired all the necessary supplies. I have a second phone line just for Notary business. I am preparing to have phone and tablet adapted for this line of business. I am not sure what to do next. Suggestions???

Please and Thank you.

1 Like

Im sure I’ve had more than 10 notifications from them and they have always been taken. Even if I catch the email as it comes in. I was starting to think something something was wrong or it was a bogus SS

I’d say line up attorney’s office or title company willing to rent you office space for those loans that require they be closed in such offices…don’t get caught flat rooted should this type of request come through…so you can include the office rental in your quoted fee

Good luck

how’s the Best way about finding your very First signing?

1 Like