Any business tips for New Signing Agents?

I input the information on all my notary work I see the numbers change to the number of orders. I wonder if they see that number or only the number of snapdoc signings. In either case maybe it will increase my placement as i am ranked high.

1 Like

I actually worked with Karynn back in the day at our previous employment and I randomly discovered her on YouTube

I’m looking into raising it to $100K as we speak.

2 Likes

It would be in your best interest to jot down all of the expenses associated with performing the services you provide within your service region to determine a baseline operating cost. Then, at that point, you can calculate the fees that will generate a net profit to determine if you’ll have a Profit or sustain a Loss at that rate.

There are many items to consider within your Overhead calculations. Here are a few to get you started:
• telephone expenses including cell phone equipment and monthly service fees
• office equipment and furniture; i.e., work chair, work desk, reliable dual-tray printer, trustworthy scanner, etc.
• Notarial stamps for Jurats, Acknowledgements, Notarial Name, Commission Expiration, etc.
• rent and utilities
• paper
• toner
• binder clips
• pens (inexpensive for one-time use)
• stationery and supplies including stamps & envelopes
• travel costs to & from signer locations
• travel costs to & from FedEx/UPS/USPS, etc.
• business insurance
• business-related meals and entertainment
• professional association memberships
• annual background checks
• annual certification expenses
• legal and accounting fees
• advertising and marketing costs; i.e., Google ads, yellow pages ad, website, business cards, or brochure
• Protection equipment; i.e., COVID-19 masks, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc.

AND many more!

Your individual overhead would also include the cost of fringe benefits; i.e., medical insurance, disability insurance, retirement benefits. Also, remember to include income taxes and self-employment taxes.

======
If calculating all this accurately seems to be a bit overwhelming, reach out to your tax advisor and ask for guidance in this regard. :sparkles::yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Don’t forget to add in a work desk, chair; “equipment” which consists of at least one dual tray printer that accepts ADOBE paper selection, a back-up printer, and a reliable scanner; convenience stamps for use with your journal; plenty of postage stamps and envelopes for your marketing mailers; COVID masks, hand sanitizer, wipes, disposable pens; a means for handling your accounting, aspirin, Jack Daniels and a MY PILLOW.

Good luck to you.

Oh, and pay attention to LindaH-FL, cNsa5 and Arichter. Their advice is current, reliable and wise.

3 Likes

Your OK with $25. E & O, I sign for every large company with not problem.

I approached a few title companies directly and they stated that I would have to have a minimum of $100K… so I upgraded and now hopefully I can get more action. Also to be fidelity approved you have to have $100k as well.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of snapdocs. When you start doing signings with signing companies it’s best to build relationships with them. Be sure to call them after the signing, let them know everything went well and to call you if they need help with any more signings.

We got ours through NNA. $72 a year.

So I do a lot of orders on Signingorder.com. when I get the notification from them Ill screenshot the email address and ill email them before I respond to the text. That way I can Introduce myself and tell them why they should use me for their signings. Sometimes they will call you and give you the signing or just resend the notification. but its a hit or miss at times but it happens. also reach out to the signings services and call them.

1 Like

So far signingorder has been good to me. I get most of the jobs I respond to that I am available.

I don’t believe it was an illusion because I took your advice and increased my E&O. I went from no notifications to back-to-back notifications and signing offers where I had to turn some down because I was already booked.

4 Likes

I’m happy for you. I wish you much success in the New Year!!

2 Likes

Nice to know…thanks for sharing this tip. I may go in and try to add my notary jobs