Fresh New Signing Agent

I am a fresh new signing agent eager to get jobs. I have joined all of the sites I see mentioned here like notary rotary, snap docs, etc. but I haven’t received anything as far as job notifications. I’m hesitant to pay for any of the sites that require it because I’m new to this and don’t want to be scammed out of $$ trying to get in the game. Any advice for this newbie?

1 Like

Welcome to the industry Halley,

There’s really no need to EVER pay, especially if it’s for the purpose of getting assignments sent to you. Save your money invest in your education of the industry if anything. Opportunities will come, it’s your job to be prepared and ready when that happens. Look up what your state allows you to charge per notarization, know that most refinances require between 16-23 notifications. This is prior to you adding a traveling fee, or second witness if you’re required to provide one.

Read through the forums, they’re filled with valuable information that will answer alot of your questions. Again, welcome to the industry, and I wish you many successful signings.

2 Likes

I know but it is hard waiting for signings. Need the work to pay bills. Any help will be appreciated.

1 Like

@eagleservices702 I get that.

That’s why I say get as much education and information from the forums and go direct with Title companies. (Breathe) I know it’s scary but here’s the truth, most title companies would much rather work with someone who local who they can see face to have than a signing agency located on the other side of the country. Most signing agents are terrified of hearing NO, and the thought of hearing a title company say no keeps them from asking for direct business. Title companies will typically pay you within days of the signing, as apposed to waiting 30, 45, 60 days or more or even worse not getting paid.

There are Pros and Cons to both, however the upside of doing direct business will always out weigh only getting business through signing services.

But, that’s just my two cents on the matter.

1 Like

Help me understand is Notary Cafe Not a signing assigning agents for work. If not, what would be the charge of $36 dollars a year be for.?

No, they don’t assign work to notaries - many companies are signed up to use their database of notaries - if you go to a company’s website and start to fill out a sign-up form, a question may pop up asking “do you have a Notary Cafe profile” - if you do and answer yes, you’re done signing up - the company has all the info they need right in your profile.

As for the extra payment - the perks are listed on the home page, but here they are:

• Now with easier-than-ever centralized mobile completion reports
  • Include your professional profile in our Public Listing
  • Enhanced profile listings with additional zip codes for searches
  • Profile visibility control. You decide what information can be seen by the public.
  • Include your professional and social media connections in your profile.
2 Likes

I’ve gotten several good assignments after being found on Notarygo. I don’t pay for that, though. I pay because I use the forum and it is well worth kicking in a small amount of money out of appreciation. I don’t post a lot but I look for answers and recommendations…anything from toner and hardware advice to verifying that something that looks like a scam really is. I’ve helped new notaries get started and seeing the types of questions the new guys ask helps me to be proactive with them.

The people who post overly critical or arrogant messages are a little annoying and I know some notaries won’t use this forum because of that, but overreacting to those means possibly missing out on some valuable information.

Then there are those regular problems, like late docs, bad instructions, slow payers that it’s kinda nice to know that others understand the frustrations and how to avoid them as much as possible.

I always stop and read any posts by Kendra ( klewis31975 ) - always encouraging, knowledgeable and friendly. Thanks Kendra!!!

3 Likes

I am new too and have taken lots of training and spent nearly 2k getting started on training, equipment and fees. I am anxious to get my first assignment, but nervous since I haven’t heard from anyone. I’ve done signing agents.com, this site, americannotaryusa.com, notary rotary.com, snapdocs.com, notary resume.com. some of them are just directories and some are platforms that give you assignments. so I suppose the next step would be to start reaching out to title companies for direct work. wondering how long it takes to get my foot in the door. How long before you guys got your first assignment and got the ball rolling? right now I am working on getting RON started since I feel like that is the future of this business, long term.

1 Like

@jaimelynntorres In answer to your query is that it depends on a myriad of variables . . . your location, the saturation of experienced, professional notaries (your competition) within your region of service, the current interest rate, the conditions within the real estate market, etc.

You may find this thread helpful:

:swan:

1 Like

Thank you! I am also a new NSA and should I go directly to the Title Companies, get business cards and see about getting a 5 minute meeting to introduce myself and give my business card? I took a course called Blueprint and they said that’s what you should do. Not just drop off your card. I have signed up for signing services, but like Halley, not getting much. Only been sent 2, and both out of state and got assigned by the time I reacted. Trying to get started, but not sure how to proceed. Any advice?

OK y’all, maybe 'cause you’re new, you haven’t noticed that the notary business is at its lowest point in years. Even seasoned notaries have trouble getting work. Interest rates and a looming recession are to blame. If you’re trying to make a living with this line of work, I’m afraid the train already left the station. A look around this forum should make that clear. So, don’t pay for leads and DO NOT pay to join outfits that promise work like US Notary, Hire Notary and the like. They’re scams.
Polish your skills and go after general notary work (affectionately called “GNW”) and find something else that you can do for steady work.

1 Like

Hi Bobby! Thank you for the response. I actually am aware things have slowed. I have several friends and family in realty, etc. Obviously they will select experienced NSA’s over newbies. Was just looking for advice on whether to approach title companies and try to get a face to face. I also am working already. Not smart to put all of your eggs in one basket. Happy Sunday?

1 Like

same here i have joined a few sites, google, yelp, and have my website up and running and have been paying for subscriptions for a few and still have not any luck.

1 Like

Also is there a time frame to respond to offers once i begin receiving them?

You literally have seconds or minute seconds. There are times that i literally have the phone in my hand and I get the notification click accept instantly and it’s already gone… it’s mind blowing at times… all I can do is laugh and move on.

1 Like

This is a commodity business. Lenders and Title Cos are looking for low cost services. This means your experience carries little weight that can be overlooked by your fees.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.