Any recommendations for beefing up business

Does anyone have advice on how to increase signing business besides just relying on the apps.
Any suggestions out there. Thank you
Slow in Norcal

3 Likes

Slow here in North GA too. Trying to beef up my notary service more for more GNW. Would love recommendations.

A lot of companies are transitioning to RON, RIN, and IPEN (eClosing / Hybrid). IMO, if possible try to get on board with companies offering these services.

Thank you I’m not sure RON is approved for California yet but I will look into it

1 Like

Market to title companies, LOs, realtors and cut out the middle man.

2 Likes

Thank you and suggestions how to do that ie cold call go to their businesses?

I walk in with a marketing basket to introduce myself and ask about their business and what could be improved about closings. After chatting I follow up the next morning via email with my references and credentials.

Weekly follow up after that.

Before I walk in I gather intel from their website and linked in.

3 Likes

Are you sure you don’t want to add another side gig as a trainer and teach Notaries how to get direct business from titles and lenders? Maybe set-up a pre-recorded zoom or YouTube and get paid from advertisements? Wink wink😁 Think about it!

2 Likes

I do that already pro bono. It’s nice to pay it forward. I’ve rescued several former restaurant managers I used to work with who actually love what they do now and the freedom.

2 Likes

Awwww. That is so awesome.

1 Like

This sound like a blueprint from that infomercial cookie cutter Signing Agent course.

Couldn’t tell you. I just share what works for me.

Your lucky! CA worked hard to fight it, its a security issue. Read the legislation; if fraud its you the notary fault! I am in WA and our govenor signed it in because Idaho did. Who follows Idaho ??,

Hospitals, Assisted Living Facilities, Nursing and Rehab facilities, Hospices. Hook up with their patient advocate / concierge person.

Some UPS and shipping stores will not do certain documents. Real Estate deeds, wills and trusts. Find out who the owner is and market to them as taking the liability out of their hands.

When you do have a closing appointment, leave several cards for the client to hand out to their neighbors. Keep your ears OPEN, I pass out cards at Walmart all the time.

Look up title companies on LinkedIn and add them to your contacts.

Get involved with community services, food pantries, local political party of your choice. IT doesn’t take much of your time and you’ll feel a lot better to be helping your community.

Market, market, market and then, market some more.

5 Likes

Excellent advice :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

CA has a law set to go into effect soon - see the Law Related section for Matt Miller’s post.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the advise some great ideas!

“Assisted Living Facilities, Nursing and Rehab facilities, Hospices.” Didn’t even think of these places!! I’ve saturated my local escrow/title/mortgage companies with goodie baskets and business cards. So I was looking for new avenues thank you!!

Good luck and good marketing! Just one thing to keep in mind

You in CA, when working with nursing homes and ALFs (it may be facility-specific) have to make sure you go through the ombudsman when executing any documents at these facilities - I believe an ombudsman MUST be present to protect the resident’s interests.

Best of luck to you

3 Likes

:100: Percent Correct, LindaH-FL.

Regardless of your State of residence, always reach out to the SOCIAL SERVICES department at the facility, which is usually where the ombudsman is located. They’re very helpful & will coordinate all necessary elements. They’ll even let you know if you DON’T need to reach out to them! Best Wishes.

:swan:

1 Like