Anyone work with Sign-It Notary before?

Does anyone have any experience working with Sign-It Notary (snotary.com)? I did a $140 signing for them March 22nd and they claim to mail out checks for the previous month on the 15th of the next month (ie. April 15th) but I’ve never received payment and they’re not answering my emails (I’ve emailed them FOUR times). What do you typically do if a company doesn’t pay you? Do we have any means of recourse?
Thanks in advance and stay healthy!

Call co first. Still no check? Then E-mail Sign-it again and tell them you will Contact Title if check not received in 5,7,10 days. If not received, then contact TC (cc SS) and politely let them know signing co. didn’t pay you nor reply to your inquiries. Never, ever just let non-payment slide; always remain polite & businesslike (even when they are jerks); if necessary, escalate e-mails to daily, hourly. I’ve never had it go that far, but have gotten to daily once or twice. Also, never work with them again.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Will do.

I completed an order for them, the agreed signing fee was $100.00, I received payment for $75.00, I sent them an email and I was told that I would get the rest of the signing fee but never did, I have sent emails requesting my money but I being ignored.

I have not worked with Sign-It Notary, but 5-6 yrs ago I had a non-payment- I don’t remember the Co name. After 3 months & daily emails (many calls as well!!), I threatened to call Title. Still no check; but I was still able to access the docs from original SS email, & got the name & # of the Title agent. (This was just as encrypted docs were starting to become commonplace & not everyone used encryption.) Called the Title Agent, she was very upset I hadn’t been paid & immediately did a 3-way call with me & the SS. Sort of reamed them without being totally nasty. She then asked that I email her as soon as I got the check, which I received about 3 days after that phone all. Not sure whether Title continued to have a relationship with that SS.:grin:

6 Likes

That’s awesome CFChadwick! Great job! I will do the same if I don’t hear back from Sign-It in the next week or so. I’m not someone ever gives up or backs down. I’ll be professional but I won’t stop until I receive my payment. It’s ridiculous…I’ve emailed them five times now with no response. DO NOT WORK FOR SIGN-IT NOTARY!!! They go completely MIA once you complete a job for them. Very disappointing and dishonest.

2 Likes

I came here to this forum to do further research on this agency. First red flag I received, the three jobs I’ve done for them were erased from its database after they were closed. Normal document management systems document history of signings. My iPhone text history shows Sign-it began contacting me back in 2013, then began in August of 2020 under the same phone number (714) 922-0664.

The escrow title cash-out company using Sign-it provides good quality documents, the downside is I recently performed two cash-outs that were 165 pages each! They send up to 7 pdfs you have to merge. Their signings can take up to one hour due to the number of documents, and the borrower has to fill out their loan application all over again.

Sign-it didn’t provide me with any details in their documentation such as to ask for the borrower’s check for the required amount, using just a boiler plate template for instructions.

I’ll keep posted and also notify NotaryCafe about this company should they not pay up. If I do receive payment, which I seriously doubt, based on this information I’ve provided I feel strongly the way this agency’s set up is to get away with shafting notaries. Please note why they chose their name Sign-it, it’s commonly used by notaries all over the country as a business name./

I have had the same issue with Sign-It Notary. I have sent emails of the invoice which was due 3 months ago. Does anyone have a phone number for Sign-It Notary?

Thank you!