Cheapest Paper

WALMART…the Pen gear brand…$28.98…it’s a good quality paper…and when it is returned…the docs are scanned and shredded…no need for a high dollar paper…and you will make more money by using it…and most companies will allow you to print letter…most courthouses will not accept it…no room to store…digital or file…again…you make more money…set your printer settings so nothing is cut off.,…I have not printed legal in like 10 years

Order online…they deliver or in store pick up…get pen gear

2 Likes

Open a Fedex and UPS account. It’s free and your supplies are delivered at you door steps. I buy all my paper from Amazon… no need to haul boxes around… straight to my door and great quality at great price! (Both, legal and letter)

3 Likes

Paper tends to go on sale every 3 months or so. The brands I usually find marked down are Boise X9 or Xerox, occasionally HP. You CAN use straight copy paper in any printer for black-and-white - makes no difference and it is often cheaper than multi use or printer paper. Just make sure you get 20 lb, 92 bright.

I generally find good prices with free delivery at officesupply.com. I wait for a special, then I stock up.

1 Like

One reply said, “the docs are scanned and shredded” after they are returned (and recorded). I don’t believe that is completely true. If a property goes into foreclosure the lender must produce the original Note to the court or go through a difficult, sometimes impossible, process of proving the Note.

1 Like

Here in Jersey, Walmart has a case of standard 8x11 for $28.88. Its a good quality paper, and no issues with jamming my printer. Also, Walmart has legal paper fro $6.72/ream, but finding stock has been a challenge.

I have also have gotten lucky with legal paper at Staples. At the store, a case of 10 reams the price is $74.99, but on their website they sells the same case for $61.99 and they price match their own website prices.

Both Walmart and Staples offer free delivery, too.

The math.

Walmart 8x11 $28.88/10= $2.89/ream or $2.89/500= $.006/sheet

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pen-Gear-Copy-Paper-8-5-x-11-92-Bright-20lb-10-Reams-5000-Sheets/234689843

Staples 8x14 $61.99/10= $6.20/ream or $6.20/500= $.0124/sheet

https://www.staples.com/Staples-Copy-Paper-8-1-2-x-14-Case/product_126987

2 Likes

I pray u are aware that ALL FedEx s& UPS supplies are FREE; just setup an account and order all ya want!!! I keep a bunch in my garage…

image|375x500

3 Likes

I get mine by the case(s) when it goes on sale at Staples. Legal Staples brand around $55-$60 case(10 reams). Letter I almost always get Hammermill, it really is great quality, doesn’t jam as much and the paper is good color for around $26-$33 case(10 reams). I buy several cases at a time as I am full-time and closing at least 80+ closings a month. They ship free if you are nearby with low minimum purchase. Well worth it! :slightly_smiling_face:

I call in and order boxes of 100 from UPS. Great service delivered free!

Exactly. No shredding the notes! They go into deep storage…or should or else foreclosure will be VERY difficult if challenged.

Most counties will NOT accept it if the page was formatted for Legal and printed and shrunk to fit letter as the type is way too small. BEWARE. If this happens to a file you have done, you get to sadly go back out for FREE and resign the doc package. To top it off you will get a frowny face from the title/lender for future orders. I also have done this for over 15 years full-time and always print, unless otherwise instructed, per the .pdf formatted size. Some title companies will even scan them in deliberately in Legal so you can’t print in letter. WASTE of my paper and toner :neutral_face: It is not that much more $ to just do it right the first time.

I always inform them that I do not print and then ask them to find a notary that does print…and yes I did know that some Courthouses do not accept…but here in TN they do…thanks

I just got letter size paper for $7 for 500 sheets from them yesterday. Paper is great quality. I just hate that my local Costco did not have any legal size paper.

Do you get your envelopes and such delivered for drop as well? Would you recommend keeping some on hand?

Over 500 signings and I only print in 8.5 x 11. Never had a problem.

Wal-Mart here is $25 for 20 reams…a full case.

What about all of those INSTRUCTIONS – You Know – the ones that says “Please make sure to Print in Correct Size”? Are you saying, even if the Signing Company has that notated, Title Companies and Loan Companies are OK with Legal items shrunk?

$25 for 20 reams at Wal-Mart? Unbelievable!

Walmart legal-size paper seems to be the cheapest. But it’s not available for shipping only in store if you can find it. If I don’t want to run around, I just order the legal-sized from Amazon.com. For letter-size, Walmart is cheap and easy to get delivered.

I have a hack for this!! - I buy online for my paper 8 1/2 x 11 only. you can get amazon basics for that. BUT for my legal sized paper I buy only at Office Depot or Office Max. WHY you may ask???

Simple: They have rewards!!!

Let me explain: 1) when you buy from them they have a point system that they put in the system, after so many points you get discounts.

1. they have a used ink rewards system. You heard me right. A USED INK REWARDS SYSTEM!!! SO - If you have a used ink cartridge say from a laser printer, you bring it into the store, up to 10 at a time, THEY GIVE YOU MONEY FOR NEXT MONTHS PURCHES!!!

Legal paper can run you up to 100 per case (I only buy a case at a time - 10 reams), my total before the discount was 89 and change. AFTER the discounts it was $50.

Use both of these rewards and you can get $10, $20, or even $30 dollars off your purchase every other month. I know this sounds like I work for office depot or office max but I don’t. I just want to save as much money as I can without compromising my business. And Yeah, I could buy the other paper there too but amazon basics is cheaper, and they deliver to your house. I go through 4 cases a month PLUS one case of legal.