Take the time to “vet” them based on what other people say and you don’t get the job anyway, so problem solved.
That is right I think some don’t like the business.
If you take the time to vet them before you accept the job, you probably won’t get the job because someone will have beaten you to it. That’s okay, though. The next time an offer from them pops up, you’ll be in a better position to act on it if you already did your homework.
The purpose of the post was simply to share the signing services where we have experienced late or no payments. That is the information I was sharing here, as requested by @luckymobilesigning My intent was to provide the requested information for awareness and transparency from my experience.
NotaryGo is a constant offender. They pay at the END of the following month. So if you complete work June 10th, don’t expect it until the end of July. They at least do pay, just a bummer to have to wait 7 weeks for payment. There is absolutely no reason to make us wait that long and I will start bidding higher when I get offers from them
According to that logic I’ve taken dozens of jobs from all kinds of companies and I can’t believe I survived it all.
I’ve doing this for 24 years. I’m blessed that it isn’t my sole source of income.
Here’s my trick. Ask AI about their pay record. If you don’t like it, don’t take the job. They won’t go under anytime soon because there are so very few many new folks trying to make a living for them to feed on,but they won’t be playing games with you.
Cheers
Bill
They don’t tend to ignore a proper demand letter, cc to their SOS (as a lot are owned by notaries) and their state AG.
After getting the “we never received your invoice” or the best one, it’s being processed, my second contact about a Past Due is I do not want to escalate this to Title or Lender. THAT get their attention!
I agree completely with your list but add:
The Closer LLC
I’ve made notes EVERYWHERE so I wouldn’t forget that one!
Not Only they are as part of bad payments Co. you will never can talk to the live person, even if you’re at the signing table with the problem or questions, no one help you, good luck to figure it out by yourself, same as the Notary Go!
That brings something else to mind…check in your state. Some require an attorney be available during the entire signing process. That could be a Secretary of State and Attorney General issue. If they can’t do business with integrity, shut them down!
OMG, your absolutely right, I have been on Prestige Ink signing since March, I still yet to be paid from them for a January signing, March, April and 2 in June. I have emailed them so many times and I get the same thing, Sorry, we are working on it, our CEO is very concerned that payments are being delayed. Yea right, a bunch of bull. I quit taking anything from them until I am paid no signings from me. Also Coast 2 Coast, still waiting on payment from them. I called the title companies on most of these and am told they have already received payment from them. What are these idiots waiting for. If they don’t pay they don’t get business. I am so frustrated with both those companies, not taking anything until I am paid and then I still may not. rediculas.
They are underfunded and operating on Notary Fees is my guess.
That is my point if you don’t get that go ahead and do the research. Then next time you will know if they are a good company
I HAVE GOT TO SHARE THIS INFORMATION!!! I have a friend, Signing Service I will not name. We specifically discussed signing agencies that are low balling. We named a couple of which have been a topic of discussion on the Cafe. Here is some insight…
He has actually thought he was making contact with a notary such as myself. They represent themselves as “notaries,” which ok, they probably are BUT they are accepting the jobs and then hiring them out 3rd party. Hence, the lowball offers! He has told one specifically what he thought of that and that he did not need a “middleman” to work with his notaries. So little integrity…can’t make it on their own so they stick their hands in our pockets. Too lazy to work the offers and not enough initiative to make a signing company on their own. SMH
We discussed non-payments. He liked my solution.
I am sorry that you have been a victim too, I totally ignore anything comes from these companies. I think one of the best option is to contact the title company who was involved with that assignment, let them hear our voice.
I learned my lesson in the hard way and loss money, wish you luck!
Worth remembering signing services aren’t regulated at all — no license, no bond, no ethics CE, nobody to file a complaint with. Anyone with a phone and a laptop can open one, and if you boycott one, another opens next week under a different name. Boycotting is fine as a short-term signal, but it doesn’t touch the actual leverage point.
The TCs behind these signing services are the ones who are licensed, who do carry ethical conduct obligations as part of that licensure, and who are the only party in this chain a regulator can actually hear a complaint about. They’re benefiting from completed, notarized work and then looking the other way when the vendor they chose to book it through stiffs the notary who did it. That’s worth a department of insurance complaint in the state where the TC is licensed — worst case they say it’s outside scope, best case someone above the TC tells them to clean up who they’re contracting with.
Naming the signing services here still matters — it’s the fastest way for other notaries to see the pattern before they take an assignment. But if the real goal is making this stop, the TC is the one with something to lose.
Thank you, and I am totally agree with you, that is why I think contact the Title Company who hired them would be one of the best option to discredit these unethical companies.
It’s not just them!!! many RON companies operate without holding a license, bond, or other institutional guarantee for the services delivered through their platforms. By positioning themselves as technology providers rather than service providers, they often rely on legal frameworks that place primary responsibility and liability on the individual notaries.
That structure is deeply concerning. A rapidly expanding technology-driven industry appears to be operating with limited direct accountability, while the professionals performing the notarizations assume much of the legal and financial risk. It raises serious questions about consumer protection, regulatory oversight, and whether the current model adequately safeguards both notaries and the public. MP