Docs from Loan Closers

Hi Everyone!

Giving you all an update, on the signing yesterday.

But first, thank you all for your helpful responses, advice and encouragement. It is greatly appreciated :+1:

I called LC. The lady who answered, in the beginning was not very friendly. I began by explaining that I ended up with 6 sets of docs. I mentioned the order said to print 2 copies and each print job turned up 3 complete sets of docs. She was rude and sounded like she thought I was crazy. She said “it says to print 2, just print the 2”. I told her I did, “there must be a problem because I have 6 sets, can you please look at the docs?” She did, then changed her tone a bit and said it looked like the lender uploaded the docs 3X, she said she didn’t know why they would do that and that it was a lot of pages - over 500 pages. I said, yes that is a lot, since it’s a mistake, I’m going to shred 4 sets. She said “ yeah go ahead and I’ll let the lender know”. That was it & goodbye, no apology for the attitude, even when I asked for her to provide her name to me again. Oh well, not everyone is nice and helpful. Hope she has better days.
The signing went well and I felt much better :blush::+1:

Thanks again, and I wish everyone success always!

6 Likes

Thank You, Sheila, for coming back to view (& respond to) Replies AND for providing your update after contacting the Title/Escrow Company/hiring party.

The conversational exchange sounded like it was along the lines that I had shared above. Glad you were able to receive clarification on the document set. :sparkles::hibiscus::sunglasses:

Truer words were never spoken: “not everyone is nice and helpful” :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

You are correct. Georgia is an Attorney State, but we still can do things around the actual conveyance of real property (which MUST be overseen by an attorney).
I fact, my biggest paydays have been when attorneys make a mistake (or another notary does)… I go clean it up.
There are STILL many things to do, and many ways to make it.
MY seed money is drained, and I just had to replace the main water line ($2200) and with all that going on, I’m feeling discouraged.
I’m a newbie (started in mid-April), SS have their favorites… AND they don’t have tons of work for attorney states… add water and stir, that’s where I am. Discouraged.
But thanks for reaching out. I knew during training that GA was an attorney state.
My expectations are NOT that high… like I said, my overhead is so low, this should’ve worked.

J4MobileNotary

If it’s something you had your mind set on, give it more time even if it’s PT, perhaps at least until you can establish some relationships. I’m just starting too. I get notifications for available orders often (I’m in CA by the way), and I literally open my email just as it comes in (within seconds) and some will say that, “the order is already taken” I can’t understand that. I’m talking just seconds less than a minute for sure tops from the moment it’s hits to the moment it says it’s already taken, especially when I’m looking at my screen and it happens to pop up, I open it at that moment. Good luck :four_leaf_clover: to you, sending thoughts for orders your way :blush:

2 Likes

Yes, I was thinking P/T, because this is a GREAT business.
I truly believe that one year from now, and maybe not even that long, I could do this F/T, once my relationships are established and solid.

I find I have to almost be HOLDING the phone to hit ‘accept’ quickly enough. LOLz… but you’ll get assignments in California. GOD I WISH I was back home in California… but I’m in GA (because of SF Bay area’s OBSCENE housing crisis, home prices and property taxes)… and GA is ‘special.’ IT’s an attorney state… so our hustle is a little different.:grin:
But I’m learning… feeling blessed I’ve still got intellectual curiosity to take on new things (at my age).

3 Likes

They make mistakes too
i ask if i have questions…

2 Likes

GA is an Attorney Only state for mortgage loan signings. How can you be a LSA?

LSAs in GA do not do CLOSINGS on real property conveyances, ever.
We can do many other things related to home loans though.
Examples include, but aren’t limited to: reverse mortgage or HELOC applications, loan modifications, signers in GA who are selling/buying properties in ESCROW states.
Quiet as its kept, my BIGGEST pay days are when ATTORNEYS in GA make mistakes on their closings; and I go out and get the fix. Yes, even real estate lawyers/notaries make mistakes, because we’re all human.
Juneteeth being a federal holiday meant I went out and changed dates on the Right to Cancel.
How may attorneys want to go out and fix things at 8 PM, when their signer can’t leave work to make attorney office hours???

2 Likes

I haven’t had a lot of reverse mortgages however there are 2 Deeds of trust and 2 notes. The first deed of trust secures the lenders position and HUD assumes the second position because HUD is ensuring the home owner will continue to receive loan payments in the event the lender becomes incapable of making said payments.

2 Likes

they come on the phone and listen to the closing when i do them in NY SC as well
and some Banks in NY
all do the same thing …an atty comes on the phone for the closing…
no big deal whoever hires you give u their number and them yours
I have the same women for a bank in NY we catch up a few minutes every time I get a job from that bank.
lol

good for you and for what they bill i hope you got your fee…

Oooop’s Good for you. And now the Big question…What was you pay for corrections?

$150 USD, two pages, 15-miles each way.

2 Likes

I love it. Nice going .

1 Like

Being “nice, polite, college educated, and friendly” doesn’t count for anything in America.

It’s all about who you know.

I feel you, though.

2 Likes

YEP ! YEP! YEP! YEP! YEP! This is a complete sentence

I wouldn’t give up quite yet. During the first few months of the year it tends to be slower for signings. And to be honest, you never know if the guy down the street is accepting low ball offers just to stay busy. I might consider lowering my normal fee for a short period just to stay busy and informed on the ever changing documents that come in some packages. Dont throw in the towel quite yet.