Do you go over all docs or just the signature ones?

Do you go over the documents in the package that do not need a signature?

Also does anyone else exclude printing the closing instructions and notary notes for the borrowers?

I had a SS upset because I only printed the docs that needed to be signed for return to the lender. I figured they can print them out on there end and that would save me some paper and ink. I did print the full package for the borrowers minus closing instructions and notary notes.

A similar query was asked on a different thread: “Extraneous documents in signing package.”

Review my extensive & detailed reply at this url: Extraneous documents in signing package

Print all the docs . I just point out the closing instructions and explain that it’s the communication between lender and title; signers/borrowers get an exact duplicate package of what is sent back. I print out the notary instructions but do not provide them to borrowers (no need). It’s not up to you to cherry pick what gets printed and what does not - print the whole package - twice. It will save you heartache in the long run…just price accordingly.

2 Likes

How can we price accordingly when we accept the assignment before knowing what the page count looks like?? I feel as though I shouldn’t have to print the closing instructions for the lender or title as they already have them and that saves me money.

oh ok thanks, i will

I don’t print “Notary Dos” - I feel that they are communications intended solely for me.

I do print everything else. I have no idea exactly what information may or may not be necessary for the number of different people who will handle those docs in the process of closing the loan. If it is in the package, I print it.

2 Likes

Why would the borrowers need the closing instructions those are for escrow.

Do the originator/title company instructions tell you to print two copies of all pages? Do the companies you contract with question why you only send back the pages needing signatures, vise all pages?

2 Likes

The instructions state for me to print two copies and yeah they complained about me leaving the unsigned docs out of the return package but again they have those docs already!

You are providing a service and part of that service is following instructions, even those you do not agree with. Did you explain your “logic” to then when they complained? Because one of two things will happen, they will let it slide or they will stop using you.

4 Likes

Hi, I am new and have a question about scan-backs. Do we provide the entire package or just the signed pages? Thanks for any helps on scan-backs. Alicia

They have notification going out through snap docs but when i accept they keep posting notificcations with higher amounts so idk

I believe that is based on SS… for instance most of the ones through singingorder require full scan backs but a few on snap docs only ask for critical docs such as note, deed, NRTC and CD and some Affidavits

Thanks, GreenHunter! Is there a preferred scanner you use for the larger scan-backs?
Alicia

Well a lot of people will tell you to get a portable / mobile scanner! I only use my scanner that I have for my all-in-one brother printer and when i scanback i scan back in black and white and its pretty fast.

Do you go over the documents in the package that do not need a signature?

No

Also does anyone else exclude printing the closing instructions and notary notes for the borrowers?

No
As per instructions, I print everything twice. One signed copy for me and one unsigned copy for them.

3 Likes

is it ok to print front to back for the borrower copy to keep ?

I scan-back the whole package back

thanks! Do you upload to a platform, attach to an email, or fax back? I am so new, I don’t even know.
Appreciate you,
Alicia

1 Like

Thanks, Green Hunter. When you scan back, to you attach pdf file to email? How does it get back to them?
Best blessings,
Alicia