Does anyone do this besides me?

So with it being a new year, I decided to add this to my signings and so far all my signers L-O-V-E it! When I present the documents I always let them know which document needs dating and which ones don’t. I then see them looking at the photo frame facing them at the table each and every time before they date the documents were needed and commenting “thank goodness that’s there I almost wrote 2021”. I use a dry erase pen to change the date I write on the glass. So far ZERO errors or corrections are needed on my documents.
sign 1
Sign 2

15 Likes

Date
Here’s how I do it. 2" X 3"

4 Likes

I looked at that option too but passed on it because it didn’t have the year part and because i am on a limited budget. Mine only cost me $1 for the 9X5 frame from the dollar store. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, no year is occasionally a problem but less so as each day passes. My signers love my little $6 blocks. :grinning: Whatever works, I always say.

2 Likes

$6? I must have looked at the wrong store… :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, most are a bit pricey!

There’s one on Amazon for $8.06 as long as you like PINK: Type “Perpetual Calendar Desktop Pink” in Search Field. :angel: Lowest price found for this type.

NOTE: I find that most Lenders and Title/Escrow Companies [T/EC] prefer ALL NUMERICS in this format: mm/dd/yyyy

So, I simply type out the date in that format in a large font in Landscape mode on an 8.5X11 piece of paper and place it on the table. Helpful & good price, plus doesn’t add weight to my barrister’s case/signing agent tool kit. LOL

2 Likes

Truth be told, I pay STRICT, even NEUROTIC, attention to the signers as they go along. Even then, sometimes mistakes are made, but everything can be corrected.

1 Like

This is a great idea!

2 Likes

I do too. But funny enough every time I bring it out I get a chuckle from the signers saying…" Thank goodness for the reminder"… it is a cool ice breaker and places them at ease I find… just my experience so far. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually, you can get this Date & Time widget for free in the app store. You just click on it and the date and time will show up in a couple of formats to become the face of your iPhone for such a reminder. I also bookmark a copy of the NNA rescission calendar for quick reference when checking the dates on the Right to Cancel form.

3 Likes

Putting the signers at ease right from the start leads to a pleasant signing experience for everyone at the table. Yah, I can see where people would appreciate you going the extra mile. Good for you!

I go over some how-to “ground rules” at the start, let them know that they are working with a notary with 6 years and thousands of error free signings completed, and that they should expect nothing less from me. I also let them know not to stress over a date or signature mistake, since I can fix anything. Once.

I try too. I’ve still had signers mess up and date the note even after I mention it. I’m glad for customer copies just for that reason!

3 Likes

Blink your eyes and they’ll sign the RTC in the wrong spot every time. It’s like they do it on purpose–LOL!

5 Likes

:rofl: thats what you get for blinking… :joy:

5 Likes

I watch every RTC signing like a hawk. I’ve only had one almost mishap and I caught it in time.

2 Likes

I put a post it over the blank they shouldn’t sign. So far, so good on that one!

4 Likes

Yup, and it is SO helpful. I will say I think you have a smarter crowd in your neck of the woods, LOL, I still have signers make mistakes on the date, but this has helped in the long run.

5 Likes

Ive done this as well, but I just write it in a piece of paper, mine isn’t that fancy. I’ve had mixed opinions about this from borrowers, some LOVE it and some are offended so I stopped doing it.

When I place the picture frame I simply tell them sometimes I forget what date it is so it’s just “my simple reminder”… they always chuckle and no one has ever been offended so far.

3 Likes

My opening routine is to place my signing boards in front of each signer, place my writing instruments like silverware, set out my little date blocks with today’s date showing and open my journal like it was a prayer book. I don’t do it elaborately, just professionally. People seem to enjoy that and they typically say, “How formal” and I respond, “Indeed, this is a big moment for you” and I smile and get started. I’ve never had a problem yet.

6 Likes