Echeck deposit issues

Is anyone else having trouble depositing echecks into their business accounts recently? Just this past week my credit union (OneAz) no longer accepts them. I was at the bank and the teller told me he couldn’t deposit them anymore. I asked for a manager and she came out to tell me that they no longer accept echecks for business accounts. It’s already cost me one signing company that only pays by echecks.

Wow…never knew a bank/c.u. could just ‘refuse to accept’…but just found out, yes, they can!
Maybe you could take the whole printout–which includes a way for cu to verify validity. OR, use an alternative pay method that Deluxe Check provides–which does have a fee, but, at least, you wouldn’t lose a client over it.

1 Like

I was having trouble depositing those e-checks through the ATM; I guess the slot didn’t like the paper texture or something. I then discovered that my other bank account has a mobile deposit option, so now I just deposit my checks via my iPhone with their mobile app. What a great time saver!

2 Likes

We should not have to pay a fee to receive our payment!

3 Likes

I have always done the mobile deposits for these echecks and this time it was rejected. So that’s why I brought it into the branch and they said no longer accept them. Sigh. Thank you for the tip though. I may need to go into a different branch and see what they say.

Thank you for this tip. I’m going to do this next time. And also I will look into Deluxe. I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

I deposit them into my business account and I’ve never had a problem but I appreciate learning from the other reply’s.

https://forum.notarycafe.com/t/echecks-being-difficult-to-deposit/

This forum post helped me. I now trim my checks.