First Class Signing

Has anyone worked with them? It’s been two months and I haven’t received my payment.

2 Likes

I work with them quite a bit, probably 4-5 signings a week. I rarely have any issues with them regarding payment (:pray:t2:) and they communicate very well with me. Almost too well lol. They tend to send separate messages for everything which can be frustrating for a veteran notary like myself but I get it…Overall they’re one of my favorite signing agencies out there. Hope this helps you. :+1:

1 Like

I’ve had many signings with them and never had a problem with monthly payment. For any missing payments you will need to call accounts payable and they will pay you asap.

2 Likes

I personally always give 30 days unless their payment terms stated otherwise. If they have payment terms, they usually come with the signing instructions. If they exceeded them, send an invoice. If no payment terms, it’s been over 30 days (or whatever your comfort level is) then send an invoice. I personally always check with the LO to see if the job closed first before I send an invoice in such cases. They don’t have to know that you didn’t get paid, just a general courtesy follow up never hurts regardless.

1 Like

Now, there is a thoughtful and useful idea.

1 Like

@Bobby-CA asking for a friend… were you being sarcastic? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Not being sarcastic in the least. The idea is a very good one. This forum can sure use them.

2 Likes

Thank you! I really appreciate that!

It doesn’t matter if the loan booked or rescinded. You did your job. You’ve completed the signing successfully. You get the full fee, no need to wait or verify if job/loan got closed /booked.

2 Likes

I respectfully look at your statement as an opinion, not a requirement (per most client instructions I receive). They may not say it directly, but by them taking 2 weeks or longer to pay you is there way of waiting to see if you “completed the signing.” If they tell me they pay in 2 weeks and they don’t, then yes, then I don’t care if the loan closed or not. Them telling me 2 weeks for pay is there way of telling me that’s the time they need to review the docs to make sure they got what they paid me for. To me, this is as simple as putting the shoe on the other foot. Would you (as a client/SS Co) actually pay someone for a “complete signing” without verifying first that it was in fact “complete?” I can say without hesitation that I wouldn’t. On a side note, I have noticed that some companies who used to stipulate 30 days or even 60 days in their payment terms paying much more earlier. I am assuming that is due to them no longer having the high demand backlog to review the docs.

1 Like

dont think he was being sarcastic, actually complementary
this was a good response

1 Like

I’ve done many signings with them. If they’re late with a payment I send a quick email with the job info and usually get a check that day or the next.

I think I’ve had to message them about theee times over the last couple years.

I knew he wasn’t sarcastic, but we both have that “tendency” among us. It’s engaging!

I have completed many signings for them, and their most resent payment was late so I send my invoice to orders@firstclasssigning.com requesting prompt payment. they answered right away from email address team@firstclasssigning.com letting me know they are sending me an e-check. I received the e-check the next morning. When a company is late in paying me I always start out really nice and if that doesn’t work I get more aggressive with each payment request. I have been pretty lucky no one has out right not paid, but a few took three to four months to pay. When that happens I stock them and their employees on social media. :slight_smile: Nobody wants to work for a company that doesn’t pay vendors, they start to wonder if that is ever going to happen to them.

1 Like

I love them. Communicate, they are usually on it, but like us, mistakes happen😁

What VIPnotaryCO is saying is not her opinion. It’s general business practice. You should send your invoice immediately after rendering your service. Companies don’t ask for 15, 30, or 60 days dating because it takes that long for them to verify your work. They do it because it’s to their advantage to take 1 or 2 months to pay you, rather than pay you right away.

1 Like

Regardless of how you interpreted her post, my point in my post? You are not getting paid until the client is convinced/satisfied that the loan will close successfully and they got what they hired you for, regardless of what “your” payment expectations are, PERIOD! That’s business practice! My previous post was clean, cut and dry! If they tell you they take 2 weeks, 30 days, 60 days to pay in the assignment, and you accept the order, you accept the payment terms also. There is no need to send an invoice unless that stipulated time has expired. If you are “unseasoned” enough to accept an assignment that had no payment terms, then yes, invoice away! If an assignment does come across with no payment terms stipulated, accept it (before someone else does). Then call and find out what their payment terms are. If not acceptable to you, then give it back. I apologize if my previous post came off confusing/complicated, but I thought it was to the point. If I hire you to cut my grass, you’re not getting paid until you cut my grass! That’s business!

1 Like

THIS IS FROM ADOBE’S WEBSITE:

When do you send an invoice before or after?

An invoice should be issued after a company has fulfilled a client’s order. This could be for a product or service (or both). For a company providing a product, that’s after delivery has been completed. In a service-oriented business, the invoice is generated once the service has been provided.

2 Likes

Adobe aside… and strictly out of curiosity

1. If a client tells you in the notary instructions they pay in 30 days, would you send an invoice prior to that? If so, why? After all, if you accept the assignment, you accept the payment terms stipulated in those instructions.
  2. If you do get an order and the instructions state “do not send an invoice” (usually because they stipulated their payment terms, and a good portion of clients do this) would you still send an invoice PRIOR anyway?

For those that said, “not to send invoice”… I give them 30 days and on day 31 I’m making a courtesy call to inquire on the status of the payment.
For those that said “net 30”… on day 31 I send an email with the invoice inquiring about the status and ETA of payment.

1 Like