General notary work can pay good!

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding WeGoLook. I have signed up with them and orders started to come in right away. I was unsure about continuing, but from what you have shared, I probably should start. You make it sound like a very quick and hassle free way to make additional money. Thank you for your insight.

I signed up to check it,

I live in a major city like Miami; any jobs posted in the city goes as fast as a $40 loan signing lol…like 5 secs on the app and then taken…now in other parts of Florida you never heard of…the jobs stay posted for a few hours…

I’m assuming the app is popular…

I’m happy for you. Congratulations. The first few times you do it it will probably take longer but like anything the more you do the faster you will get. My advice to you is try to schedule the appointment between your signing appointments or at a time when you think you won’t have any appointments. I don’t follow the script by asking them the time. I give them time options to chose from. I have them work around my schedule not the other way around.

1 Like

Another great/ exceptional GNW experience: So yesterday I received a call from my Yelp page from a lady that was looking for a Mobile Notary. She just moved her mother into an assisted living facility that was just built less than 1/4mike from my home. After 14 signatures and 1/2 hr later she hands me $150.

Now this….

I’m walking out the door three other residents approached me as word got around that there was a notary in the building. I now have 5 appointments scheduled for Saturday to meet with them and 2 staff members. After speaking to each individually I will be making a min of $800 after my appointments with them.

Wait for it:

Again, I was trying to leave. I am stopped again by the staff who told me the Admin Director wanted to speak with me….

Long story short… I am now the Notary on call for the facility.

I’m sorry did someone say that GNW don’t pay well?

11 Likes

Congratulations! Love hearing your success! Good job! :+1::raised_hands::clap:

@donaldsonnp Excellent! Congratulations!! One piece of advice

You state " I now have 5 appointments scheduled for Saturday to meet with them and 2 staff members" - I probably shouldn’t do this but I’m assuming the two staff members are going to be witnesses? Make sure this is legal in your state. Here in FL in nursing homes, hospitals and ALFs, staff cannot witness any documents as it’s considered a conflict of interest. Just play it same and make sure all your signers are aware that they must supply their own documents AND witnesses if required.

Best of luck to you! What a coup!!!

2 Likes

@donaldsonnp Excellent sleuthing! :tada::owl::crown:

Yes, if the staff members will be serving as witnesses, this role can vary by State. I always garner approval through the Social Services department as that Staff will know the ins and outs of what can and/or can’t be performed by their employees.

Some “care facilities” will allow Staff members to be a witness to document execution as long as the documents are HEALTH-related (nothing to do with finances). Normally, they won’t allow them to witness any financial documents; i.e., POAs, etc.

Creativity creates success! :swan:

2 Likes

Thank you very much! I don’t why I’m nervous about doing this. I’ve re-watched the training videos, so I probably just need to take my first order. I appreciate your advice and practical tip on how to schedule them. I like how you have made it work for you, completed the tasks and have gotten paid. I’m excited for you. Thanks for giving me courage in taking the next step to complete my first assignment. Thanks for your support!

1 Like

No the documents vary and after viewing the documents that I saw so far no witnesses are required. I am aware of the laws in my state I carry my book with me in the car alway. :hugs:

1 Like

If you don’t mind my asking, what book? If you’re talking about the NNA primer…if I were you I’d ditch that and print out my state’s actual notary statutes - keep that for reference - that is your best reference tool.

I’m sorry, but the primer has been proven time and time again by various people to be incorrect.

@tblunt my sincere advice to you is start small - try to get GNW for one person in their home…then it’s a one-on-one situation and maybe you’ll be more comfortable - hone your skills that way for a while before branching out to facilities.

Good Luck

@donaldsonnp I confirm LindaH-FL’s advice & insights in regard to reference & guidance of you State’s regulations.

Best Wishes :swan:

AVOID! => The NNA “primer has been proven time and time again by various people to be incorrect.

I printed the hard copy of the rules directly from my state website:

2 Likes

Good Afternoon!

@LindaH-FL thank you for the advice GNW. I think we are talking about two different topics. In responding to @donaldsonnp I was referring to Field Inspection opportunities. However, I am always increasing my knowledge and skills in various areas to include GNW, so thank you for your advice as well.

Ah…apologies. Never did those - never profitable enough for me. Good luck with them.

1 Like

I am very happy for you, very. GNW is sooo much more interesting, and lucrative.

1 Like

Just be careful charging over your state’s limit on GNW. They are suing UPS for charging over the state’s limit. They argued that you can’t charge over because it’s not real estate/loan closing. Just be careful. Some UPS stores are charging the normal fee + convenient fee and they got in trouble for it.

I only charge the maximum state fee of $10 per signature. If it’s close I waive the $0.44 state max travel fee.

1 Like

I think Roger Rill is referring to knowledge, not monetary value.

Data Point*******************

For the weGoLOOk app, if they call you, you can negotiate a price; if they desperately need a look, negotiate a price, they will accept; I told them $65 and they agreed. It is about 5 miles away.

1 Like