How to apply to ORT

Hi does anyone know how I apply to conduct signings with Old Republic Title? I live in Las Vegas and I heard they have a specific signing agency you must sign with. I’m already with snap docs.

Why not contact Old Republic Title?

1 Like

I can not speak for Las Vegas. But I am a former escrow officer of 33 yrs in Phoenix. I was employed with ORTC the last 8 yrs of my career . I am a preferred notary for ORTC and 98% of signing opportunities from them come off of the Snapdocs platform. Visit your local ORTC branches and introduce yourself as a Snapdocs approved notary. Build a relationship with the escrow officers. Most of e/o’s have my direct number. Where they will direct message me asking me if I am available for a certain time/location for signing. If I say yes, "
they (ORTC) will automatically assign me to the order. Cuts out trying to compete with all the notaries out there!

7 Likes

Thank You for the information.

1 Like

I have worked with Inspire and Mortgage Connect and they do a lot of ORT closings and are not on snapdocs or those platforms.

3 Likes

I use to work with ORT; they were on my preferred customer list.

Not so now! ORT cut what they are willing to pay to 1/2 what they paid for years.

They told me they did a nationwide survey and decided to pay what the average fee was in their survey.

Since they now want to work with ‘average’ notaries that makes ORT an ‘average’ TITLE company at best.

I can work with Signing Services that pay better than this TITLE company.

3 Likes

It seems to me that it’s a poor business model. ORTC is paying Snapdocs their fee which Snap collects and sends you your fee. Where ORT could pay you direct … you make more and ORP pays less.