IPEN's, RON's in Texas (E-seal)

Hello Notary Colleagues,
For the goals I set for myself as a Mobile Signing Agent here in Houston I am doing pretty well. According to the Secretary of State I must obtain an E-commission, in order to do IPEN’s and RON’s. However, I must have the following before can acquire it:
• E-signature
• E-certificate (digital)
• E-seal.
I already have the first two of the 3 and now I am having trouble finding out how to get the appropriate E-seal without spending unnecessary money. It seems like there are many companies that’s advertising E-seals and yet I am trying to find the one with the best quality and accepted by the most title companies. If there’s any feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

If by E-Seal you are referring to your notary stamp in digital form, I purchased mine for $20.00 from the NNA and it is state compliant to my state.

2 Likes

Thank you Dawn. That is precisely what I mean ( Digital form notary stamp / E-Seal is the same thing) lol. I will go to the NNA site to look for a Texas E-seal. Your feedback is appreciated.

1 Like

@barksdale.reece from what I’m finding you get your e-seal from your RON vendor as it has to be compatible not only with your state laws but with that vendor.

2 Likes

You can actually create your own e-seal image suitable for uploading to the certifying agency site to be used in your electronic signings. I’ve done it twice with no issues or pushback. Instructions outlined in this topic. Just a thought.

1 Like

I considered doing that, but my state is very specific so I just paid to have it done. Some sites actually make it for you.

2 Likes

Hi there,
I am also in Texas and I got my digital seal created for $10.00 from notarystamps.com. However! I am signed up with Notarize platform and they provided me with a digital seal as part of my onboarding. It’s nice to have one free and clear that I own, but you may want to check the platform you plan to use for RONs and see if it is included. Ditto the digital certificate. I paid $132 to get one from IdenTrust (which Notarize requires), but some platforms, such as PandaDocNotary provide them as part of the annual licensing fee. I figured out a lot of this the expensive way, but I am happy ot have learned it. Best to you!

3 Likes

Thank you all for your feedback!! I appreciate the information that’s available in this forum.

1 Like

Thank you LindaH, What do you think about Escrowtab? I have been looking at them.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.