NNA Background still waiting

Background is past the estimated finish date by a few days. Anyone else have this issue? If you did have the same issue is it usually a few days late or a few weeks? thanks

1 Like

Has it been over 15 business days? I know they say up to 15 days but I think I got mine back the next day, it’s because I’ve been living at the same address for at least 25 years. I heard traffic tickets can fail BGC.

Call them. They are very helpful
Backgrounds Online:
1-877-288-1588

2 Likes

It’s been 10 days but the estimate was for it to be completed by 2/2. I haven’t had any tickets or law issues in the last 20+ years. I undergo background checks for my 4 previous jobs. As an aircraft mechanic for an airline and most recent working for the government. I know I won’t fail just need to get this background check over with. Seems like a slow process compared to other background checks I’ve been through.

1 Like

I would call them tomorrow.

1 Like

Yes, its taking about a month for myself. But you will get it soon.

1 Like

Some of the BGCs are taking longer because the state-sites, (DMV, Courts, etc) are short-staffed and not responding as quickly. If various state authorities are unable to comply then it creates a delay.

All the more reason to start any renewal process early; and if a new application, patience is the word of the day.

Best of luck

3 Likes

I called them and they said they are waiting on one county. Everything else is good to go. Ugh. That one county has been a thorn in my side since I was born there and since I left. Lol

1 Like

Hang in there, it’ll be over soon! I was lucky because I don’t have much going on with my life. One job one address:) They got nothin:) :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve moved around a lot being in the Navy and working for the airlines…Never been in trouble and last ticket was 30 years ago. lol. Someday this Covid junk will be over with…I hope.

1 Like

Whelp…just came in approved. Not a darn thing against me…lol. Thanks all. took 13 days.

2 Likes

I would call. Be the squeaky wheel….this is your income!!!

Mine took 2 months…I submitted at the beginning of November and it wasn’t finalized until about 1 week into January. San Diego County kept asking for 2 week extensions. If you call NNA they can let you know what is taking so long, but there is nothing they can do about the court system taking there sweet time unfortunately.

I cant do any signings till I receive clearance. San Diego County is delaying but just hang there we on the same boat.

I feel your pain, 2020 year the wait was crazy long, last year was pretty fast. Wish you well on this.

I started my renewal on January 3, 2022 and received my completed background check through the NNA in my hands on January 14. I wonder what is taking so long for youse guyses.

1 Like

My background check took 4 months last year 1/15 -4/30/2021

Awesome. I got mine back the next day! Think it’s because I’m in the same house in the same state over two decades.

Wow, you are right! It took longer to get background check for notary job! I was required to get a Colorado background check and the Federal background check with fingerprinting and all this week for MLO license. I was surprised to learn that Colorado background check came back with a success status within two hours! And the federal background check came back six hours later with success status! They got nothing on me! :joy:

Ahhh, they just didn’t look hard enough (just kidding :smile:)

1 Like

I know, thank God they didn’t find out about the incident at McDonald’s back in the 80s! :joy:

1 Like