Payment via eCheck

Two companies attempted to pay me yesterday with echecks. My bank doesn’t accept echecks. In fact, I don’t know of any banks in my area that do. I’d like to hear from notaries (especially notaries on the East Coast and in NYS) about how prevalent echecks are. Thanks.

You can usually print the e-check and then either mobile deposit to your bank or take it to the bank to have it deposited. That’s my experience at least. I bank with Charles Schwab

4 Likes

I was extremely nervous to use the e-checks myself. When I received my first e-check, I first printed it out on my laser jet printer and it looked eh, then I reprinted it on my inkjet in color and it looked more like a real check. I then signed the back and took it in to the bank and deposited it. They never questioned it, I was a nervous wreck the whole time though!!! I bank at Huntington.

I have not had luck with depositing e-checks on my mobile app. I tried both a laser printer & an ink jet printer. However, I have deposited all of them at my local bank with no issues.I usually take both pages with me in the event I need them but, only deposited the check portion. I have never had to explain what type of check it was.

2 Likes

I’ve had no issues with eChecks when depositing on my USAA app. Probably depends a lot on the bank.

Change your bank, no more business with them, E-Checks are accepted in a lot of banks and Credit Unions.

My Credit Union takes eChecks. The ATM doesn’t but the tellers inside are familiar enough with them that I haven’t had a problem. They finally got the mobile deposit app to recognize them just a couple of weeks ago though.

My very first signing I was paid with an e-check and I could not deposit it via ATM or mobile app (PNC Bank). I had to take it into the branch and they had to call the issuing bank to make sure it was valid. I haven’t received any others, but at least know I can deposit it.

There are some banks that are not accepting eChecks. I bank with Navy Federal and they told me it’s a new policy, which sucks because all of my account are with that bank and that’s majority of my payments. Their response is talk to whoever issued it and see if they can send you a real check. I actually did that the other day and I felt like I was talking to a 2 year old for all it made sense. But I did find a work around.

So what you can do if you bank doesn’t accept eChecks is you can go to Office Max and purchase the check refills and print them on there. Make sure that you get the right ones so that they print correctly. I actually tried this last week and they accepted it.

3 Likes