Printer - Single Tray

I was in the market for a new printer but supply chain has been such an issue, I could not find one with dual trays. I didn’t want to wait so I purchased a Brother DCP-L2550DW.

My question is how do you identify what pages need to printed on legal size paper from a file? How are others’ printing using only a single tray.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Following I need to know also

Hello, you can use the pdf page separator on notary rotary. It’s free :wink:

1 Like
2 Likes

I was able to find a printer on EBay for $120 plus $25 shipping and it works perfectly. After cleaning the print rollers it works like a dream. I went on Amazon and the same printer refurbished without the second tray was $800.

Those are inkjet printers…fine for personal use but not for loan signings

1 Like

Your right my bad……:relieved: thank you for catching that @LindaH-FL

The HP is the one I got on ebay in 2013 - $85, shipping included…lol

Still working like a champ - needs a good cleaning but other than that no issues with it.

I’m a huge HP fan. Also, for those looking, ebay is a great place to start out. Just watch seller ratings, page count and monthly duty cycle.

Happy shopping!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help!!!

1 Like

I should have went that route, I will try the separator on Notary Rotary but think eventually I will need another printer. Thank you again.

1 Like

I completely understand I did the same thing for awhile until I was able to. However I have experienced issues with the free tool from time to time that went offline which put me in a state of panic.

This is another source that you can look into as another option. It’s not free.

thanks for the information

1 Like

Your very welcome! I used it in the beginning and still use it sometimes!

Search “refurbished” on ebay, newegg, and amazon. Most times you get the same warranty as a brand new device. Hope this helps!

Check with Brother directly. An additional tray may be available for that model. If so, it’s a simple install and Brother will walk you thru it. Good Luck!

1 Like

I scored a xerox on craigslist just as many offices were shutting down. Real workhorse. I see refurbs on ebay. Also hp are generally good. Although not as good as older models. My previous was a big big office type. Many of those around as refurbs at good prices if you have the space. You do need to learn to be a bit of a mechanic though to clean, etc. They are generally built for high volume and cheap to operate. Ive run in home offices for 30 years and have had a lot of printers.

When in a pinch, always print on legal.

I use that printer a true workhorse! But I download file and look at each page to determine if it’s legal or not, marking each one a list!!! Then tell my printer to print all legal or letter from the list I made!! Oh and adjusts the tray to legal ir letter!! Yesssssss it’s a lot of steps but thats how I do it, with a single tray printer!!

I found an older model dual tray HP for $20 bucks on Craig’s list. It does not have to be new to work.

1 Like