RON beginner

Hi everyone, I am a new notary and I have just passed my RON exam. All the platforms I have looked into seem very expensive especially starting up. For anyone who doe RON platforms, do you make a profit, or does the monthly feel seem to eat away at any client payment you receive?

Do a search here - there are many threads about this with a wealth of information about it. IMO Posts by rparker are very informative.

1 Like

Notarize RON is free until the end of 2022. Then the fees will return just fyi.

free where? Id love to sign up there and get my feet wet now!

Only for 2022 go to https://www.notarize.com/

Blue notary is free, you have to bring your own clients though.

1 Like

Bring your own clients??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I invited my friends over for a duck dinner the other night. I told them to bring the duck!

1 Like

Better than spending money to not get any clients at all and have to be sitting there all day waiting to grab a call when it’s not even a for sure thing that you’ll get that client. You don’t pay a job you have to give you work. You work at the job to get paid.

1 Like

thank you. i will check that out

lol thats funny but cool

The beginning place is to check to see if your state limits you to a liat of platforms that you may use. Then choose based on whether you want to do contract work for a platform or do this on your own. Contract work does not charge you to handle their customers but you only make a portion of the fee that you could make on your own. Working on you own will allow you to make the full fee but you generally need to pay platform fees to securely sign documents electronically. I started out with DocVerify for my own work and do contract work with Notarize. I still contract with Notarize and use their platform for my own clients but have added OneNotary for signing situations that Notarize doesn’t cover. You can start out free with OneNotary but if your business increases or you plan to do real estate signings on your own, you will need to pay their monthly fee. Hope this helps

1 Like