Signing Orders

Hello,
I’m a new loan signing agent.
I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but I have made myself available for 9 orders today on the signing order site, and wasn’t awarded one. Should I even bother going online and checking what’s available? Do they only give the jobs to the notary that they send messages to? I’m really confused and discouraged.

Otherwise known as ‘the utter joy of platforms’…many are called; one is chosen. You’re not doing anything wrong (besides getting in this biz after the ship has sailed). Actually (location dependent) 9 is a lot in one day. Suggest you check the signing location VERY CAREFULLY before you accept as you may find out that it’s a loser. The first offer is usually a lowball–looking for newbs who don’t know any better. If location is close and you counter with a fee that makes a profit.…you just might get the job. They seem (at least in my area) to be sending out more horrible offers for waaay too far away…and those aren’t even worth countering BECAUSE someone closer to location will be cheaper/yet profitable for the notary. MAIN POINT here is don’t just ‘be available’ for every order or you’ll be working at a loss…guaranteed. CHECK LOCATION & if close…counter. If far away… forgeddaboutit.

3 Likes

@schompv Welcome! Yes, it can be quite discouraging . . .

There is a great deal of insightful & helpful information found in the Notary Cafe database => It’s truly a GOLDMINE. Here are a few threads specific to your query:

======

It’s always wise to research & vet a new client prior to providing a definitive confirmation to them for your initial Signing Order for them. A great start of research would begin within the Notary Cafe forums Search Function.

Many members find it difficult/nearly impossible to locate the Search Function in order to access the wealth of info available within the database.

To be helpful, I’ve inserted an image for you & others [see below] to help members locate it to unlock the wisdom & knowledge of other members on the forums.

Accessing the database to locate info about potential clients has saved many of us an inordinate amount of time ‘chasing’ payments for Services professionally provided to potential non-payers . . .

:swan:

Hi Schompv,
Are you talking about unlimitedinknotary.signingorder.com ? I have accepted some orders on time, then it states no longer avaliable. I feel that I am doing something wrong but I am not. I go back and is higligther in grey. It does makes you discoraged. I have not received one ? Many accept and then later is unavaliable.

Hello!
Yes I was talking about going online and clicking on availability thru signing.order
It’s my understanding that those get texted first if no one answers then they go to the ones that accepted online but I may be wrong
Don’t get discouraged though, if you do get texts make sure you accept right away that’s how I got my first one.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.