Very sketchy! Maverick Document Signings

Hi everyone,

I have been on this platform for 3 years now. This is my first post.

I appreciate the people who take the time to watch out for one another and with some of your posts I have been able to navigate around some pitfalls. So thank you!

I would like to return the favor and say watch out for Maverick Document Signings. They act very sketchy. They are always trying to get your personal information by saying they have a signing in your area. But, then the signing is gone and then they reach back out for more information ect…

Just proceed with caution is all I’m saying.

Take care,
Ashley

5 Likes

Haven’t worked with them since they went to flat rate/$75. All I did for them was out of area car purchases and the docs were overnighted. I never thought they were sketchy and liked the work until they went cheap.

4 Likes

@ashleysichler My direct experience with Maverick Signings mirrors the experience noted below by @Arichter

:swan:

1 Like

@ashleysichler curious what kind of “personal information” they asked you for that led you to believe they are “sketchy”. As for the assignment being gone, maybe you took too long to respond? Happens all the time.

They’ve been in business for years and I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone ever describe them as “sketchy”.

1 Like

I’ve done almost 40 signings for Maverick and they aren’t sketchy at all! Very nice, professional, and payment is always right on time.

2 Likes

Good morning,

If you guys have had great or problem free experience with them then great!

All I wanted to do was tell you guys my experiences with them and have you proceed with caution… give a heads up.

Take care,

Ashley

1 Like

Also, companies get bought and sold all the time and placed under new management. Just something else to be mindful of.

Thanks,

Ashley

@ashleysichler would really like a direct answer - what personal info? Were they asking for standard info to keep you in their database of notaries?

1 Like

For a NSA warning us about companies she “consider” sketchy, C’mon lady, what kind of fools you think we are?

1 Like

What was the info requested that made you think they were sketchy?

1 Like

What personal info are they asking for?

1 Like

I’ve worked for Maverick for seven and half yesrs all thier handlers are very professional and they pay on time. Not skechie at all.

Maverick is not a sketchy company. I work for them all the time. They are responsive, fair and pay promptly. I have a great relationship with them and I’m very grateful for all the work they send my way.

Hi Ashley,

As you’ve seen, by now, all the responses to your warning are of the opposite opinion.

Is the issue that Maverick wants your home address? You see, Ashley, the documents for Maverick assignments are sent to you via FedEx or UPS directly from the dealerships. If Maverick doesn’t have your address, to give to the dealers, they can’t get the docs to you.

If I’m correct, why is that an issue for you? If you are doing a loan closing, aren’t you given the signers’ addresses? What is the difference?

If someone wants to find out what your address is, they have a mirid of ways to do that via an internet search.

Respectively,
Guy

2 Likes

Asking ALL of you who have worked with Maverick this past year. Are they still only offering $75 or have you been able to negotiate a higher fee when warranted? Like location is far?

I am their preferred notary in my area so they auto assign me everything within a certain radius for an agreed upon fee. If something is further, they usually ask me and I can decline, accept for my standard fee or negotiate. They also will add an additional fee if the dealership requests more than two additional notarizations. Those are billed at whatever your state fee.

Agreed upon fee better’n $75?

They are one of my favorite companies to work for. Easy signings and never have to invoice or fight for my fee. The schedulers are awesome to work for too.

1 Like

I have worked for them for years and have no problems with them. The orders are usually within less than 10 miles from me and very easy to have signed with minimal time. Always paid within their terms.

I love Maverick. The pay is a bit low, but they are easy to work for and pay timely. Additional benefits: no printing (docs are overnighted to me), only scan a few pages, and I can schedule the signing - rather than being assigned a time - so I can time it for when I will be in the area.

1 Like