What I am doing to weather this lack of activity

Hello NP community. I hope that everyone is doing well. I have not received much notifications to do signings, and when I do, someone else gets the appointment. So, what I am doing is trying to call Lawyers and lending groups seeing if they need any notaries for their business, also don’t forget to go to schools to see if you can notarize children’s field trip slips etc. Maybe go to Veteran places and offer your services, in the future you may get to service them and collect payments as well.

2 Likes

Do you have any tips for how to approach attorneys/law offices?

I’ve had success visiting nursing homes and hospitals. You’d be surprised at the amount of people who didn’t know that there was such a thing as a traveling notary :relaxed:

When you go, ask to speak to the director, or offer to leave flyers of your services for the families of the residents. Most of my income is from this source since signings are slow.

3 Likes

I’ve done nursing homes and hospitals but I deal with the social workers and, in one case, the lady in admissions has a handful of my business cards At the V.A I gave them to the Patient Advocate as she deals with both inpatients and outpatients

Check your particular state laws though - some states require an Ombudsman be present when dealing with any legal matters with their patients/residents. Also, beware - here in Florida, staff is not allowed to act as a witness to any of it so the patients or family have to line up their own witnesses.

1 Like

Make a flyer marketing your general notary work including living wills, Health care Proxy’s, etc. Bring it to nursing homes and senior living places and ask if once a month you can come for two hours to notarize for the residents.
Hopefully they will give a copy to all residents and you would be surprised how the families will use your service time and time again.
Try to get RSVP so you know how many people will be there.

1 Like

Hello there. I have been struggling finding notary work. I have called Convalescent homes, so that I notarize their inpatients. Has this tactic worked for you??