What is going on with "no docs" losses?

4 signings in the last 2 weeks, all Snapdocs vendors, lost because no docs showed up.

Sure, it happens once in a while, but 4 in 2 weeks? These situations cost me money - by holding that time until the last minute, I am unable to book another, prepared client who would actually perform. I hang on until it is absolutely impossible for me to make the signing on time, and that loyalty has cost me over a thousand dollars in the last 6 months.

We are (grudgingly) paid print and/or trip fees when we incur those costs. But we are paid nothing when our valuable, limited signing time is wasted by a nonperforming lender or escrow company.

How can we fix this?

I think I saw someone post they put in comments “if documents not available by Midnight before signing, please reassign”. For me, I’m really new and I need extra prep time. I have been asking for docs 12 hours prior to signing on larger assignments but so far I haven’t been assigned when I put that. No sure if it’s because I’m new or asking more at the same time. Since you’re more experienced maybe that would work if you gave a deadline for docs so you can take other assignments. Definitely frustrating part of this business I’m discovering.

Totally agreed. I actually printed a set and the borrower cancelled. Docs were over 2+ hours late. Not a dime for me. Made me late to three signings too I was doing everything to help the title company close. It was signature closers

Here I am waiting for docs for 2 signings. They asked me for fee. I said I could do it tonight 8 pm. That was at 6:30. Not another word. Do I give uo assuming they provided it to another notary or wait. I want to have a beer with dinner and get pjs on. This is ridiculous. Nothing stating I am the NSA. No assignment to me. Do I just go ahead and proceed with my evening. Sucks to wait 1 hour and no response.

1 Like

Oh, honey… enjoy your beer and put your feet up. Give them 15 minutes to respond to your offer. If they don’t by then, call it gone and move on.

Two hours before is standard so asking for 12 hours before is highly unlikely in most cases.

1 Like

They never responded. Why are so many signing companies being so rude and disrespectful to nsa’s? I don’t get it. Coast 2 Coast and Signature closers both in one week. Honestly I don’t mind Xome. I know they pay lower but knowing the docs. Not getting played like these two and weekly checks. Makes it worthwhile for me. No stress and no messing around or games.

AAARGH! USAA. No docs. AGAIN!!

I’ve turned back assignments when the docs can’t be received in a reasonable time. My time for receiving docs is 2 hours before I have to leave for the assignment, not two hours before the assignment time. Sometimes I’ve allowed less time, but I know the hiring party and can count on them to do their best for me. I do require the docs be sent to me the day before an assignment if the signing time is early in the morning. That would be the only time I’d want the docs 12 hours ahead of the signing time.

Yeah, I don’t deal with C2C at all. Really cheap. Signature actually calls me. They always meet my fee, which isn’t cheap. And, if docs aren’t ready, I don’t accept. Period! (They always are).
I like Xome. When I accept a signing from them, I text them to change the fee to one acceptable to me and they always do.
Been at this for 12 years.

2 Likes

you accept it with their fee then ask them to change the fee?

Absolutely, every time. And they accept it. Maybe it’s because I do so many error-free signings with them, I don’t know.
Also, Title 365 (Xome) will call me for a signing and immediately accept my fee.

I’m a newbie here. Are both companies you work with for loan signings, free or is there a fee to join?

Reputable companies contract with signing agents to complete signings. They pay us for a valuable service we provide, we do not pay them. Any company, website, etc. that says otherwise… “List with OUR fabulous service and get fabulous jobs for fabulous pay, all for the fabulous low price of only $39.95”… is a waste of your time and money.

Sites like Notary Cafe, signingagent.com, and Notary Rotary are useful to us as professional forums, and because they are well known throughout the lending community as a source of good notaries. They are a resource for education as well as work.

1 Like

They are all “free”. They are signing companies who pay us.

1 Like

I’m taking notes from you :+1:

Thank you. Glad to help anytime.