WHAT would be a FAIR FEE!?!?

Today I got an offer to do a refinance, 200 pages (2 sets) plus scanbak for $75… I found it abusive, and very politely I counter offer $175 with a note that I’ll do it and referring about the 2 sets of 200 pages plus scanbak. Regardless I’m new at loan signings I’m very professional and take any signing, good or bad pay, very serious and meticulous of any possible error. Still, later I asked myself if I should have accepted it!?
I just thought the fee was unfair :confused:

1 Like

Yes, it was very, very unfair. And you’re learning quickly. Good job sticking up for yourself.

I noticed some SS, lenders and TA just want to assign newbies to take advantage of our service at a very low cost to them, with the pathetic excuse “you’re new in the field and lack of experience”… shame on them!

2 Likes

What they offered was too low. Your counter offering is a large part of this business. You did not do yourself wrong by asking for a reasonable fee, $75.00 is too low. Seems like you have a plan together for your business, how much to ask for large packages, distances, and scanbacks. Good job! More new people should learn this to be successful and not take fees of 1/2 of what we should.

2 Likes

That’s exactly my point! All newbies should be smarter than accepting a low offer of $75… $37.50 for each set of documents, plus scanbak and drive to the nearest FedEx box to deposit… what about gas and car usage!

2 Likes

I’ve been an attorney/notary public for 11 years; however, I only started acting as a signing agent a month or so ago. My major issue is that people locally snatch up the $60-$70 jobs, such that any request for an increased rate gets denied. I’d be happy to receive any advice as to what can be done in this type of scenario to ensure higher rates.

3 Likes

Stick to your Guns and Counter. I try not to take anything less than a $100. Its Outrageous and Laughable what they’re Charging.

3 Likes