Amrock - Defects

Ouch…Agree there rates are low, but was enjoying good quantity before my slip up.

How does it come back to 100 ? Is it a reset after 30 days?

You can call partner management 1-888-784-2514 and they can tell you when it will be removed from your account. Yes, they are a great company to work for. Consider this a learned experience, never to happen again. I love the way they check everything. It helps me in on future orders.

2 Likes

Just got a 2 pt score ding. Now 98%. Watch out for aka on signatures. I did not have borrow sign aka out on signature line on deed. I am retired EO from Fidelity and we never had full aka sign. They were able to record and not need to get a new deed signed but I still got hit. Learning experience. I did challenge it with a bit of begging. :grinning: They told me defect will drop off and score go back to 100% on 30th day. Still eligible for business but will go to 100% agents first. I posted earlier in this string that reading this that I would be even more careful. I think I jinxed myself. Lol

3 Likes

I’m trying hard not to jinx myself either…But definitely triple checking. It seems all of the errors are fairly minor; mine and yours certainly were. My document went through just fine as well without resigning. Definitely taking a serious kick in the wallet though. Thank you for the reply.

1 Like

90 days, been there done that.

1 Like

Partner management says it’s only a 30 day defect and Will be reset to 100.

2 Likes

Wow, way to strict. We are human and even experienced signing agents make a mistake every once in a while. Also on their app. It doesn’t work for me. I get a few notifications and when I try to respond–usually withing a few seconds it has already been taken by someone else. I have asked them to look into this and they just say someone else is getting it.

1 Like

The easiest way to get a defect is not reporting back to Amrock when you have confirmed the signer, finished the signing and dropping the documents. I always make sure that I confirm the signer then update the app immediately. Don’t leave the signing without updating the app, also even though you drop the docs off immediately after signing unless you update the app for dropoff, they will ding you as late.

3 Likes

I absolutely love Amrock. Early docs, only printing one copy for Quicken packets, being paid every two weeks, great communication and they are always friendly. I am also very impressed with the way they treat their borrowers. An elderly lady who lives alone told me that the appraiser broke her crawl space door. When she mentioned it to Amrock, they sent her a VISA gift card to cover the cost. The lady tried to resolve the issue with the appraiser first who didn’t take responsibility.
Lately though, I have had more issues with borrowers claiming that they haven’t received a copy of their loan packets and were told that I would be bringing a copy. Some of them admit they received “something online but didn’t have time to look through it.” I emailed partner management to let them know. I’m not sure if it’s my place to ask the borrowers during the confirmation call to review their docs before the signing.

2 Likes

It seems like there’s a company (Xome, maybe?) that doesn’t want the trustee verbiage on the signature. My eyeballs bulge out of my skull worrying about making a tiny little mistake…Blue ink only, black ink only, print in black but sign in blue, must sign AKA, absolutely no trustee verbiage, drop docs immediately after signing, DO NOT LEAVE PACKET OVERNIGHT IN BOX!

1 Like

Been there. Amrock is less flexible than Title Source. Amrock wants perfection in an imperfect world. Now I know. Cheers!

1 Like

After that happened too many times, I talked to Amrock and immediately started catching signings when they appeared on the app. That week I had thirteen signings… I think it has something to do with the Amrock tier system and where you are on it…

2 Likes

The way I put it is, "Have you received your copy of the documents, and have you had a chance to review them? I don’t say anything beyond that even if they reply they haven’t looked at the docs. My question is enough of a reminder.

3 Likes

Yup. Very good advice.

Thank you, Greg. I’ll start doing that from now on. I feel like anything beyond that would be overstepping my bounds.

Yes, you have to call them because the app automatically assigns the defect the day after. The same thing happened to me. I was in an area with poor cell reception and couldn’t update the app in time. I called them the next day and it was removed.

3 Likes

I’m going to start scanning all of my signed packets from now on. I was assigned a defect and challenged it. They removed the defect because it was their error. When they uploaded the packet, two pages were stuck together. When they actually dug through the packet, the page was found. Don’t automatically accept a defect from them.

4 Likes

Excellent advice! I didn’t know that.

1 Like

As of this week, I’m back at 100% after my defect and being side-lined, still at 85% for “attitude.”, whatever that means to Amrock. I had nine Amrock signings this week ( through Saturday), turned down five more scheduled for Friday/Saturday. A couple of the signings were tough customers and I had to check my “attitude”. One of the signings went two hours and it should have only taken forty-five minutes. The defect has taught me to go through each page of the package carefully vs. quickly because I’ve done it five thousand times. I guess I’ve mentioned that before. As to attitude, which I haven’t mentioned, now I always wear my smiley face mask when I go into a signing, no matter how long the signing takes, and no matter how fickle or angry the customers are. Cheers. :relaxed:

3 Likes