Bad Company List

Been signing with TranStar for years, long before they went onto Snapdocs. Never a late payment in over 150 closings.

Any problems? Just call Bunny directly. She’ll handle it so fast, you’ll forget you had one.

I suggest Notary Loop. RON signings. Their signings are sloppy and poorly set up. 60 days to pay - which I did not find out until after I accepted my first signing for them - but in actuality it’s at least 75 days. I’ve done two for them, on the Second Chance Theory. I finally got paid for the second, completed in mid-April. It’s now July 20th. Honestly.

I’ll be saying, “No, thank you,” from now on.

Please add On Site Signings, LLC to this list. Been over 45 days and they won’t answer any emails. I did a signing through SigningOrder with them and after reading these comments, I will be CC’ign Title on the next email. Thanks for keeping me informed!

Add MY FAVORITE TITLE to the list of BAD SS companies & title companies. I’m waiting 2 months for payment for a closing I did for them which involved a 2nd trip an hour away on a Saturday morning because their remote title person didn’t include some documents in the 1st package. So a total of 4 hours drive time plus the closings, etc. “I’ll look into it” was the response I got. Next step is notifying the president of the Lending company and filing a complaint to the SOS of Florida.

The SoS isn’t going to help you - they’re not a collection agency; letter to the President of the Lender? That MAY get you a response; you’ll get better results reporting this title company to their state’s licensing agency and do some research - if owned by an attorney, report them to their state’s bar association.

JMO

Join the Facebook Group, @Deadbeat Signing Companies, to view lists and updates on Companies that do not pay Notaries.

2 Likes

After researching MY FAVORITE TITLE on Sunbiz.com and elsewhere, I discovered that the Laurencios have opened & closed numerous businesses. 14 companies in all, with the same address which turned out to be a UPS mailbox. The owners, Waldo Jr. & Yiriam are married and the escrow officer, Marta, is related. They all live and conduct business in Vilas, NC. They have a very sketchy history. They open & close business one after another which suggests that when they become exposed or have too many unpaid vendor bills they just open another one in a different name. And of course, no office, only a mailbox. Good luck trying to collect.

Cant Agree with the companies I’ve worked with on this list. What do you use to decide who goes on here? Slow pay? how long? No Pay?

A Step Above is the most horrible signing service of them all. THE WORST. They need to be #1 on the bad company list. They need to be sued.
I was never paid from a signing last year.

2 Likes

creative signings of riverside california
45-60 days payment

Thank you! It is great to have something to reference before accepting.

I’m so glad I didn’t take this signing from last night. They offered me one, I accepted, then they start asking me about my experience. I told them about my experience and training, and the owner said she was reassigning the job. Then, I started getting confirmations for the assignment, weirdly enough. I questioned it and asked what was happening, and she responded that she never had that conversation with me last night and that I was still assigned! Then, she starts questioning my experience AGAIN. I’m feeling like I’m in the Twighlight Zone. I told her to get me off that and remove my name!

2 Likes

Good for you. Yes she did the same thing to me before I took the job. Asked me a lot of questions about my experience. Just an update, I finally got paid this week after I said I was going to email the loan officer and escrow company that I was never paid. I will stay clear of this company moving forward.

1 Like

Has anyone worked for “Notarize Now”

I just excepted an offer from them but I cannot find anything on the Internet or even here in Notary Cafe about them.

Wow This is concerning. Notarize 247
Has been reaching out to me and I have been accepting assignments from them. Has anything changed with them? Now I’m concerned :worried:

Toad notary is great and they pay quickly.

haha I love your tip :slight_smile:

I’m getting ready for my year-end follow-up on the handful of unpaid signing fees I’ve been carrying for a few months. As I read about other notaries who are experiencing fee collection woes, I’m wondering why we can’t just call title/lenders/escrow and inform them about their use of the deadbeat signing services that owe us $$. I’m new enough in this business to not know the answer to that query.

Hey, Arichter and LindaH-FL and some of you other lifers; is it bad form for notaries to call the company that uses the bad SS and make some inquiries?

An owner of a signing service agency advised me to contact the escrow and lender if I do not receive payment.

I’m a year old newbe. At my age I KNOW HOW NOT TO MAKE MONEY! This business is a minefield.
GOOD NEWS for all of you. I’m out. I reviewed 100’s of texts over the last year.

IN 50 years this is NUMBER 1 for spinning your wheels. Rural Area…comes down to miles.

Does anyone remember the website that lists the NO PAYERS… I had it a year ago and now can not remember.

I appreciate all of you…