Best signing agent course - FL

I have been a notary for years for my job, but I’m looking to take a signing agent course to get certified so I can make some extra money on the side. So many options come up in Florida on Google and they’re a range of prices. Does anyone have any experience with a reputable company they could recommend? I see the one on National Notary Association is $179 and then some Florida places offer $99, so I’m not sure which to choose. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Probably not the optimum time to get into this business, especially if you’re only planning part-time. First, check here & NNA for how much competition is already in your zip code/s. If you’ve been a notary for years, know that loan signings aren’t rocket science & you can get a good idea of what you most need to know just by reading this forum.

1 Like

This isn’t my full time job. I am a stenographer and have plenty of downtime, so I was hoping to use my notary to make extra money. Any advice on the best course would be appreciated if anyone has any. I don’t want to get scammed.

Unless your in a small town I wouldn’t worry about the competition, it’s hard to research because there are hundreds maybe thousands of certified notaries who are inactive or who only got it for their job like you. You can take the loan signing test without the class at the nna. Which will reduce your price. But for comprehensive training I would look at sign and thrive course. But that’s not just for passing the test, it’s for everything loan signing related.

3 Likes

Totally disagree. There is enough work out there for EVERYONE in this business. There are thousands of title companies to sign up with. Why would you discourage this person or anyone else from becoming an NSA?

4 Likes

Agree. Sign n Thrive is a great course. The instructor started out like us and grew his business with alot of hard work, persistence and a very positive attitude. He’s probably the most positive guy I know.

2 Likes

Thank you for these great suggestions. I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

The sign and thrive course says to go through the NNA, but I found a certification that was $79 cheaper on a site called Florida Notary Service out of Orlando. Does it have to be through the NNA website?

NNA and NotaryPro are the most recommend/recognized be many of the title/escrow companies.

1 Like

Because over-saturation of practitioners in any field inevitably leads to devaluation of available income. Supply and demand is still operational. Just doesn’t seem to me that the right thing to do is to encourage someone to spend money learning a job without actually researching the demand in their area and then making a rational decision.

The point of the question was the best signing agent course, not whether I should do it or not because I’m already going to do it regardless. That is ridiculous to tell someone that, but I appreciate your input.

I too am new to the Mobile Notary business. I was lucky to have a mentor right here in my town with several years of experience. He advised me to get my certification with the NNA which consists of a background check and an exam. You can take a training course before taking the exam, but I found that after downloading and studying the free resources provided by the NNA, I had sufficient information to pass the exam.

2 Likes

The NNA cert is national recognized, 99% of the other courses won’t be. A lot of signing agencies will be based outside of Florida, but are national as well. If they don’t recognize your training it doesn’t count for much. So it’s not just about price, but the value it will provide you.

1 Like

Thank you. I will go with the NNA one. It’s $179 for certification, background check and a couple of other things I read, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t getting ripped off. I appreciate the input from everyone. This really helped. :slight_smile:

Erica, there are so many NSA courses right now and I’m sure your head is spinning. The courses that I recommend, in this order are:

1. NNA, most of the larger title companies want this certification.

2. N2PRO, most of the larger title companies recognize and will accept this certification.

3. SIGN & THRIVE, pay monthly, a little more $ than the above, BUT, its easy learning at your own pace.

Good luck to you.

-Carrie

1 Like

I agree with Carrie; you’ll need the NNA course simply because the NNA has convinced title and lenders that they are the end-all, be-all (up for debate) and their background check is the best in the business (not true, check yours carefully)…

I think, though, to help you be as well trained as possible, after the NNA course, take the Notary2Pro course - it will fill in the gaps for you and Carol not only supports her grads after they’re done but she has a list of companies that will hire those notaries she’s trained. Don’t just “settle” for NNA training…please afford yourself the added training with Notary2Pro - you won’t regret it.

Cannot comment on the other company - no experience here with them.

2 Likes

Notary2Pro and LSS are excellent and nationally recognized

1 Like

You must check out Loan Signing System (LSS) by Mark Wills. I took the course, and as soon as I did, my business took off no doubt about it. It’s the best thing I’ve invested in for my career. I’m making an average of $3,000-$4000 a month part time, and it’s just getting better. Highly recommend. Check out his website or youtube videos. I have a couple of friends in Florida that have taken this course and are doing very well.

2 Likes

Would you recommend the LSS course over the NNA one?

You need the NNA one no matter if you use LSS, Notary2Pro, Sign and Thrive. NNA is recognized nationally and i more of an ethical understanding, the other vendors will teach you about the business and documents.

1 Like