Coast2Coast Signings

I’ve been working with C2C for several months, and have mostly enjoyed it. Towards the end of January I accepted an assignment from them that was flagged as ASAP. When I contacted the singer she said she wasn’t going to sign due to a conflict with the lender. I communicated this to C2C and went on with my day. Later that afternoon I received a text reconfirming my availability, followed by another confirming the appointment. Great! I got it done, felt like it was a win for everyone, no issues. No issues until I attempted to update the signing status and provide a FedEx tracking number. The order had been reclassified as ‘on hold.’ I communicated to C2C that I hadn’t been notified, and I let them know the completed docs were en route back to them. Fast forward to now. I haven’t been paid, and when I reached out to enquire about the pay status I’m receiving curt emails, almost bordering on combative. Phrases like, ‘I would hope you understand what don’t move forward means.’ The implication is clearly that I’m stupid and can’t comprehend simple phrases. I’ve tried to explain that I didn’t receive that message, but it’s falling on deaf ears. I’ve asked why no one reached out with a phone call when the status changed and I didn’t acknowledge it. No response. What would you guys do from here? Would you attempt to maintain the relationship, writing this off as one negative experience, or would you sever ties? That is assuming they still want to work with me. I’ve completed other assignments with them since this transpired, and thus far no additional complications, so it seems like they do. Looking for perspective.

2 Likes

I had bad experience with C2C and
don’t do signings for them anymore. At the beginning I just got to do like no more than 5 signings with them. Once I found out how low their fees are and the bad experience I got with a signing that they declined to pay because borrower refused to sign. They only paid for the printing “cost”, they didn’t pay for my time and travel cost… ever since I want nothing to do with them.

6 Likes

Respond to that signing on the SnapDocs portal and state what happened, you are to get a printing cost and a travel fee if you made it to the signer/s home. We apologize for that. The team at C2C can research and get this corrected for you. Contact Bill@c2csignings.com asap

8 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion. It’s all been hashed out on snapdocs, they know exactly what happened. Bill is the one sending me the rude emails, so he doesn’t seem likely to resolve it. The thing is, I completed the signing so I feel like a partial fee is inappropriate.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

I use to work with C2C alot - until I requested a 2 travel fees and a print fees. That was back in November and I have never been paid or sent another request. Very disappointed in them. I called and did what they told me as far as requesting went and then nothing.

1 Like

Email kasey.kyle@c2csignings.com and I can help you with it asap ok?

7 Likes

You had jobs on 10-31, 11-4, 11-6, and 11-17, which one was it

Thank you for responding - I will email you directly.

I had a similar issue in October 2020. I was given the assignment and after calling and texting the number I was given with no response, this was the reply I got from them…“Please note that this appointment has been previously confirmed, so please remember to print & show to the appointment regardless if you make contact with them or not. Thanks!”

HUGE mistake! I drove an hour and half and the signer was the ex-husband’s contact number and the address I was sent to was the ex-wife and her new husband. I called C2C several times with no answer.

I was paid $40 but for it but the lesson I learned was worth the extra $45. I will never go to a signing without direct confirmation from the signer and I haven’t worked with C2C again since.

5 Likes

Sorry that happened to you, that is really strange that you went to wrong address and did not have a phone number for the signer, please accept an apology, lots of changes have taken place since your post to make things more convenient for the notary whom is putting in the work out in the field, we appreciate your hard work

4 Likes

They said WHAT in the email??? There’s no way!!! At that point - all professionalism has died. I definitely wouldn’t do business with them going forward.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you had that experience, they could have at least shown some empathy. I learned early on by reading these forums about them not to do business with them. You are successful and will continue to be and nobody but you can dictate your success. This too shall pass.

2 Likes

Hi Heather, I’ve done a good number of assignments for them and hadn’t had any issues. I had one loan mod I remember where I needed help in reaching the signers and they helped me out in getting a good number and I successfully got through. There wasn’t a scheduled time so not exactly the same circumstances as I couldn’t just go to a scheduled appointment. You took that job and some since so guessing you’re glad to have the work. You said you got texts notifying you of your appointment and docs had to have been printed while it wasn’t on hold so I’d thiink a print fee and sounds like a trip fee likely should apply. I’d write on the snapdocs order explaining what happened including the timing. I keep email notifications on my phone on so any snapdocs comment/change shows right up on the home screen on the phone to (try to…) avoid missing anything.

You said some perspective… sounds like someone who wrote back to you was likely having a bad day. The current world of fearing other people, possibly working remotely, being socially isolated etc. I think you may have just been on the receiving end of someone coming off as mean. If someone implied something unfair, I would just be nice and explaining your case for the fees you deserve, maybe even try to be extra nice as the person you are emailing may have their day brightened my a polite and respectful request to be compensated.

As you clearly just found out… a little anger in an email can be upsetting. The person getting calls for money may get a lot of that. The deal where you get a print fee/trip fee for the same work and effort is unfortunate but sounds like where you may be stuck. The signer who doesn’t sign often winds up taking as much time as doing the whole thing. Maybe more. I do click my order as I’m about to leave for a signing when I program the GPS. Just in case it were to happen again you’d probably catch it. Again, perspective… you want the work, take their money. And let’s hope the person you’re writing to is ok. Extra nice making your case, in case they’re really not. You got an angry face sent at you…smile back, say please and thank you. Times are stressful, more for some than others. Whatever the outcome is, feel sorry for someone being mean instead of being mad at them, and it’s probably not them to make up their policy. Being mad interferes with your happy. Be happy and make lots of money!

2 Likes

UPDATE: I really want to add this update to my original post, but I can’t figure out a way to edit it. Yesterday I received a phone call from Lisa, the owner of C2C. She had seen my post and wanted to talk about what had happened and get more details. She was very polite, very professional, and very apologetic about what had happened. She took ownership of the situation and said that I deserved full payment for the assignment. I felt like she was genuine and was legitimately interested in making sure her signing agents had positive experiences. Within one hour of our phone call I checked my email and there was a check for the full amount. I’m very happy with the resolution to the situation and the way Lisa handled it.

17 Likes

I am happy that you got paid what you had coming. I have worked for/with Lisa in the past and she is very professional.

3 Likes

I have done a ton of signings with C2C and have always had a good experience. Lisa is great to work with!

4 Likes

That is great!:+1:
I’m so glad you got it resolved. Thank you for updating here in the forum to let everyone know. :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

I am new to this business and have had little assignments given to me due to being new but I have had one from C2C and it was a very positive one. I am glad to read and see that they are a very responsive company and willing to correct when they feel something has gone wrong. Makes me feel C@C will be a good company to try to continue to work for.

2 Likes

I’m newer here and this is my first time responding on this forum. I read this entire thread and I’d like to work with C2C also. How do I get signed up with them?

1 Like