Findanotary.com

Has anyone signed up for this new NNA listing service? I wonder why they are doing this now?

2 Likes

Because loan signings are down and many are seeking General Notary Work , so it’s probably worth monetizing that now…for them. At their high cost coupled with low demand and generally only 1 or 2 notarizations needed… well, it’s your money. Spend it wisely.

4 Likes

I was just asking. I’m not planning on signing up.

1 Like

If you don’t want to sign up with the NNA are there other organizations that have a similar reach for notaries?

None that I’m aware of for GNW. But Google, Yelp and similar do have free listings and seem to work well for GNW. Only downside is you get a lot of calls (particularly Google) trying to sell you a higher placement or something.

4 Likes

I noticed that! LOL seems like a lot of companies are trying to drum up notaries for minimal work

1 Like

Yup… many days I feel like Marty McFly in Back to the Future: (Hope this works)

Didn’t work. Sorry 'bout that.

1 Like

3 Likes

Who is familiar w sunshine signing co

4 Likes

@CAFRAN2 Worked regularly with them for about one year (over 10 years ago), but their fees dropped drastically at that point in time. Stopped accepting Signing Orders [SOs] from them for that reason.

At that time their payment process was regular payments within four weeks of the date of signing, but again that was over 10 years ago.

Sorry, no current data regarding this business entity.

:swan:

Ditto for me on Sunshine Co. They were fine to work for but this was about 7-8 years ago.

that’s how I feel at signings sometimes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Introductory listing on NNA’s new listing service is $30 for SIX MONTHS :roll_eyes:
Like the rest of us, they are looking for new ways to generate revenue.

4 Likes

I had my first Signing ever with them a few hears ago. They are out of Florida and send orders though SnapDocs. They are leggit and work with New Notaries.

If you love being a notary and plan on making this part of a long term plan, I suggest you start a free Google business website. I started mine late 2017 about 3 months after being commissioned. It’s the most basic website ever, but it’s free! After posting pictures (a lot!), and basically begging my clients to leave reviews, I now have 95 five star reviews and I’m always in the top 3 when people search for a mobile notary in my area.

BUT, it took me years and years to get here, which is why I asked if you’re in for the long term? I now make as much from GNW as I do from LSA jobs. Actually this year I probably made a little more as I never take low ball offers from SS’s.

Again, it may take 2-3 years to get your name coming up in the search engine and you have to really encourage your clients to leave reviews, which only 25% usually do, but it’s free! :slight_smile:

I’m saying all this to encourage you to do it on your own. You can pay the NNA, and maybe get some jobs, which would be great, obviously. But would you have to continue to pay a higher fee as time goes on for something you can do on your own? And remember if you do it on your own, you set the fees within the laws of your state, so no middle man.

4 Likes

Agree with you. I do have a Google account. Haven’t had it very long so it’s not getting a lot of traffic yet.

1 Like

I have notice a lot of companies are trying to pay half what they used to. I had one send me a bid of 30.00. I don’t even respond to those companies.

2 Likes

They’re trying to generate more income for their business. Loan signings are way down and RON has taken a chunk out of their income stream. I think it’s worth the initial investment. If it doesn’t generate any income, I’ll cancel after the six months.

2 Likes

Me either, I dont think its worth it, you can get just as much business if you focus on you google my business page. but for loan signings I will kep signing up with signing companies.