Laser printers

Yeah that makes sense. It might be the type of scanner I’m using too. With my scanner the blue ink does not show up well. I should clarify the scan looks BW only thing in color is the blue ink. The scan is still 200 dpi so not too large. If it’s a large scan I will go and shrink the file size in Adobe. I should add the quality of the scan is not so much impacted by letter size but more so legal size.

You dont need color laser for Notary tasks. Color laser’s are costly, and prints slow when compared with B/W. Always buy a printer which you can add a 520 sheet tray so you can just put 1 ream of paper at a time. Brother is the best if you can get it. Hope this helps.

Irina,
Another site to source inexpensive Toner (TN-850 or 890) and Drums (DR-820) is www.4inhkjets.com

You should not be having trouble sourcing inexpensive supplies for a brother HL L6200 or L5200 DWT

1 Like

Personally, I like HP printers and Brother scanners (faster) I tried to use my HP for scanning but it creates the pdf files too large to send, Brother apps keeps the size small and manageable for me…this has been my experience thru the years.

Good to know, thanks! True, I just laid out a chunk of change for my first OEM replacement cartridge as I was worried about messing up the printer somehow, but next time will probably go for a generic!!

I bought a nice Brother MFC-9325cw color laser printer a few years ago, made the mistake of buying and installing one of those compatible toner cartridges…from that point forward, every page had a blue border. I changed the cartridge to OEM and still had the same issue. You may never have a problem with compatibles, for me, I don’t take that chance. I would rather spend a few extra $$ esp when printing loan docs.

1 Like

Are you able to print letter and legal size from the HP Laserjet M428fdw? I have not been able to dual tray print with this printer.

Thank You! I was wondering if Brothers was the only option. Glad to find out they are not.