Laser printers

Looking for a good MFC color laser printer with dual trays. Brothers brand is sold out, it’s seems everywhere.

I like canons for printing

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone talks about the brother so much. It makes you think no other brand acceptable.

Brother B/W are the best, easy to run, inexpensive, I never used dual trays, just separate printers.

2 Likes

That just sounds like a pain it’s easier to have duel tray

Is there a particular reason you are looking for color laser? I have a dual brother and a dual HP 428. They both work well. The HP cartridges are more expensive, but they print well.

1 Like

Did you check on Newegg website for a brother?

I was able to obtain a printer yesterday, thanks for all the help.

1 Like

What did you get as your choice?

I was able to get a Brother printer that I purchased from someone.

1 Like

That’s great. I purchased a brother printer from Newegg website. I find them easy to use. I have a hard time finding a drum for it. I just ordered it from hummingbird network. I think that’s the name. There’s no physical store that carries my drum. Staples and Office Depot do not. Target and Walmart don’t either not even online. Toner I find easily. I did try out a compatible toner and was disappointed. The quality of print wasn’t good and at one appointment embarrassing so I’m back to brother brand toner lol.

1 Like

Thank you, nice to know.

Monochrome printer is best. I use hp laser 428fdw all in one and love it. The cartridges are more pricey but no issues. If you use color printer your printer will not work when a cartridge gets low. BW is best economical choice. Try offerup.com for dual tray. If you cannot find dial tray get a single tray and download page separater. No need to buy 2 printers.

2 Likes

Why color? I have a Canon ImageClass D1620 purchased from Canon direct and I ordered the second tray on Amazon. I love it - no more using page separator to print letter and legal and then merging. Actually less money than I expected. I hate Brother printers and the need to change drums. I have always preferred Canon even prior to my latest dual tray Canon.

1 Like

Just curious, why do you need color? For NSA work b/w is all you need. And, Brother is the best at being reasonably priced, work horses and cheap to run.

BTW all, ‘dual’ means two, duel is a gun/sword fight.

@Irina and everyone - I used to use QuickShipToner - got toner and drums from them - never an issue and yes, they ship quick.

1 Like

Interesting, you think print color for the pages? Could be for the scanner feature. I use a color scanner. The BW scanner option for me does not provide clear scans and the blue ink is not visible. I use color for my scanning. Even at 200dpi a color scan quality is amazing, clear with blue ink signatures.

I have the same one Canon, its a fast printer!! I didn’t even buy a second tray, the bypass tray holds up to 50 pages of legal and works well! The scanners decent but not super fast, but I don’t have to scan very often.

Do you venture into generic cartridges or stick with Canon only?

Yes I have purchased some generic. The OEM cartridges are RIDICULOUS as it’s like paying for a printer every time you purchase a new cartridge. Generic is working fine so far. I don’t even use the scanner as I already have a standalone but the copier I use once in a while. Very happy with this printer and I don’t have to replace drums like those Brother printers.

1 Like

I have never been required to scan in color and the files will get too big. I have a scanner that I use for scanning and always do it B&W 200 dpi to keep the files small. They aren’t checking for color when you scan just the signatures and dates and notary seals, etc.

2 Likes