Not picked for signing

I have a question maybe someone can help me with. I’m new to this business as well, but do it on a part-time basis. Yesterday (4/12/2022) I received notification of a signing via Snapdocs. It was for a debt Settlement at 6pm the same day, and the fee was 75.00. I responded as available (the company was National Paralegal) I heard nothing, and then another notification this time for 100.00. Again I respond as a available, and no response. Once more, same notification and this time for 125.00. I respond as available. Each time I see my status on Snapdocs as having responded “available for this signing” Then I check again only to find it’s been filled by another notary. I assume the company had someone in mind and was waiting for them to respond? The signing was right in my town and was 50 pages, so I’d have done it for the 75.00. Thoughts on why I didn’t get it? I’m new to this business and have 16 signings total. Maybe the company wants a more experienced notary?

6 Likes

Pick up the phone and call the company after hitting accept and let them know why you’d be a perfect for the signing. Otherwise, they’re just comparing resumes.

5 Likes

Count your blessings for not being picked to work for them! If you put their name in the search box above, you will see why you didn’t miss anything.

10 Likes

@vizionmobilenotary 100% truth!

4 Likes

I’ll take your advice, though given feedback on National Paralegal, it seems just as well I didn’t in this case, lol! I’m sorry others got scammed, however.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Is there a list on this site of the good signing services vs. the sketchy ones?

2 Likes

You’re probably right. I’ve had schedulers tell me that snapdocs has a ‘routine’ it has to follow (sending out again w/certain fee increase)…and it just keeps doing that until it hits the fee the ‘already chosen’ person wants. Abusive way to run a business, imho.

3 Likes

That’s why I do not use snapdocs

1 Like

What are some platforms other than SnapDocs?

SIGNING ORDER is a good platform and if you’re looking for weekly paychecks (people are going to get mad at me for saying this) NOTARYGO

3 Likes

Now you know NotaryGo only pays $65 for weekly pay on Refis! lol I always negotiate, I’m willing to wait 30days for more money.

3 Likes

Some of these companies have notaries waiting for 90 days and up NO WAY

4 Likes

Look under the forum “Signing Agent 411” here on Notary Cafe. Many have posted lists of companies in that forum, along with their experiences and feedback. On a side note, “politics” is not exempt from this industry. Like others have stated, they either wanted a more experienced notary, or Snapdocs already had someone picked for the job. If National Paralegal had a specific notary in mind, I would imagine they would just issue the job directly to them, saving Snapdoc fees.

2 Likes

You should be glad that you didn’t get picked!

2 Likes

Business may be slow, but I have more self-pride than to stoop to doing Debt Settlements ever!

What exactly is “weekly pay”? Does that mean they give you multiple jobs weekly or does that mean they pay within a few days? I’ve seen it on offers but didn’t know what it meant. T.I.A.

1 Like

It means you get paid for all of the signings you did the week before on Friday.
So basically a paycheck every week.

1 Like

too many red flags! They probably would not have paid you on time either. Then you would have had to fight for that! I never accept their signings. Some of these companies play too many games. I just don’t have the time or patience for it. Toxic! Either you are going to do business or not.

2 Likes

Hello I began with Snapdoc and was constantly busy. But then all of a sudden they still send me texts and I quickly respond but it’s always unfortunately it’s been taken. I emailed them several times and they just send a link to how they are chosen. Which is hard to believe.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the information. It seems around here there is so much competition for the available signings that it’s like an Uber driver trying to get a fare in an over-saturated area; you’ve got to be quick to respond or it’s taken. I’m not even sure about negotiating now. I’ve lost every signing this last week that I’ve tried to negotiate, even the ones too far away to make them practical for the money.

2 Likes