Notary Gadget Versus Notary Assist

Can anyone offer thoughts, suggestion, advice for notary specific accounting software. I’ve noticed Notary Gadget and Notary Assist. Does anyone have any feedback. Any others out there worth considering. I’m currently using excel. I can make it get the job done, but it’s cumbersome. Thanks in advance. Drew

I use Notary Assist. So far, it has worked for me. It has everything that I have found that I need to keep up with my billing.

If I had one complaint I wish that it could automatically send invoices. What I mean is I would like to be able to set up a time frame for those that are late in payments. It would also be nice to batch them together. This is just my thoughts and basically I believe personal preference for these options.

But I will stand by advise that Notary Assist is a great option.

However, to be fair I have not tried Notary Gadget. Maybe someone else can respond with there advise.

Hope this helps.

Melissa

2 Likes

I use QuickBooks online for my bookkeeping. If I can help you please contact me.

2 Likes

I have always used Quickbooks and have been able to keep up with my notary book keeping with no issues. Why do you need to purchase an additional book keeping system when Quickbooks is all you need. It even automatically will convert to your Turbotax software!

2 Likes

Hello,
For reason i could never get the hang of quick books. Notary Gadget pretty much is tailored to notarial jobs so I got kind of spoiled with it…

3 Likes

I gave both a trial last year. Ended up with Gadget, mostly for a)the invoicing, b)the mapping function and c)the Signing calendar template - I like Gadget’s better.

I like that order entries also serve as calendar updates. Saves a lot of time.

5 Likes

i have used Notary Gadget for 4 years. While I have QuickBooks, Notary Gadget lets me keep my schedule up to date, tracks mileage, provided me with income and accounts receivable. All this with simple entry that is not available in QuickBooks. I have not looked at Notary Assist

1 Like

I am just getting started with my Notary Signing business, and using QuickBooks Online for self employed. This tracks mileage, does invoicing and seems to do everything I need. I am interested in Notary Gadget if it is better than QuickBooks and considering trying it out and doing a comparison.

3 Likes

I use Notary Gadget and love it.

2 Likes

I have only ever used Notary Assist.

Update, I am now using Notary Gadget along with Quickbooks self employed. The main reason is that all my transactions come into Quickbooks and I can assign them as business or personal expenses. In notary gadget I can add my expenses but it is a manual process.

2 Likes

This is super helpful, Adam! I am just trying out Notary Gadget, but my bank can be integrated with QuickBooks, so I’ve been oscillating between the two. It’s interesting to see you combine forces this way. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks Chelsea, once Notary Gadget can download transactions (if ever) I will probably only use that. For now I find that the combination of the two is working out well. I send my invoices out of Notary Gadget and manually track my expenses but use QuickBooks to track my finances on a daily basis. Part of the reason is I am not making enough yet to warrant a separate business checking account so I have a mix of personal and business expenses in the same checking account.

2 Likes

I use Notary Assist. It does everything I need. I looked at Notary Gadget but I found the interface hard to read with all those different colors.

Hi Drew I just finished watching https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=notary+gadget+tutorial&sp=eAE%3D Maybe this will answer some of your questions.

2 Likes

I took advantage of the free trial with Notary Gadget (accounts and invoices for 10 signings during the trial period). Now that my business has picked up I decided it was worth the $9.99/month to continue on, as it is incredibly organized and easy to use. It’s like a more user-friendly version of Quickbooks specifically for mobile Notaries. I appreciate being able to plug in all my overhead and all the specific details of each signing, plus a professional template for signings that need to be invoiced. Thumbs up.

I use Wave Accounting. It’s simple, easy and free. It works for me and my clients and I have no complaints.

2 Likes

What do you gain by using Notary Gadget?

Does Notary Assist-Notary Gadget-VenBooks interface or download info from Snapdocs? I get 90% of my work from Snapdocs and don’t want to do manual entry if I don’t have to.